Vuelta a España 2012 (with spoilers)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
I'd like to see just one long TT in the Vuelta but I'd make it the final stage, as used to be the case in the TdF. All three GTs now ape the Tour with a circuit race to finish, but one is enough and it gets a bit tedious seeing all the major stage races finish with what is effectively a separate event.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I'd like to see just one long TT in the Vuelta but I'd make it the final stage, as used to be the case in the TdF. All three GTs now ape the Tour with a circuit race to finish, but one is enough and it gets a bit tedious seeing all the major stage races finish with what is effectively a separate event.
The trouble is that the only riders who really ride hard in such a TT are those who think they can achieve a top-10 finish in the overall or win the stage. Still, a TT does give the crowd a good chance to see all the riders individually and the last few riders would be fighting for the podium.

I still think the 1989 TdF finish was one of the best ever (the 8 second victory of Lemond over Fignon)!

Top Bottom