Vuelta a España 2022 (spoilers)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cisamcgu

Legendary Member
I was pondering the following : Carapaz won 3 stages and the polka dot jersey.

Does this show that a GC quality climber, when not constrained by ;

1. having to help a team leader
  2. not being close enough in time to not worry the GC riders

can win mountain stages with relative ease, or was Carapaz just in the right place at the right time and on any other GT he would have won nothing ?

Adam4868

Guru
I was pondering the following : Carapaz won 3 stages and the polka dot jersey.

Does this show that a GC quality climber, when not constrained by ;

1. having to help a team leader
  2. not being close enough in time to not worry the GC riders

can win mountain stages with relative ease, or was Carapaz just in the right place at the right time and on any other GT he would have won nothing ?
Massive difference being allowed in a breakaway over being marked by the peloton as a GC rider
As a past winner of the the Giro and a second place in the Vuelta before,if he'd have been in with a shout of winning they'd have never let him go.
Saying that if he'd have had a decent first week I think he would of been in with a shout of a victory.

Adam4868

Guru
I know it's a procession of a stage, ive been to watch before.But it's a sh1t circuit to watch on tv....that bend/u turn is a joke !

Mike_P

Guru
At least no one crashed;that circuit has been used before so no doubt most teams were more that well prepared for it and it did result in the entertainment of would the break be caught for far longer than normal on such a circuit. Good tick all the boxes especially for the Spanish speech by Remco.

Milzy

Guru
Anyone doing Romandie? And Giro week after.
Velo games that is.

Top Bottom