Vuelta a España 2022 (spoilers)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Peter Salt

Bittersweet
Rog attacked and almost immediately Remco had a mechanical.
I suspect he also shot JFK.
I thought it dodgy as I watched it.
We can't put that one on him - he wasn't born yet! :laugh:

But good point - Rog attacked at 2.7km, Remco was deep in the peloton at this point, seconds later he claims mechanical.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
We can't put that one on him - he wasn't born yet! :laugh:

But good point - Rog attacked at 2.7km, Remco was deep in the peloton at this point, seconds later he claims mechanical.

his alternative was to carry on, risk a split in the chasing pack, unable to bridge to the front of the split and potentially lose a chunk more than 8 seconds. makes a mechanical seem like a no brainer, less painful than crashing too

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
As much as I love a good conspiracy ... with the mechanical Evenepoel gets the same time as the group he was with.
Without the mechanical he would ... er ... have got the same time as the group he was with.
Unless it's being suggested that he was so fecked that not he not ride at the back of a group for less than 3k.

I dion't get it.
(And I haven't seen it yet)

Adam4868

Guru
Too many what ifs....I'm giving Remco the benefit of doubt.I don't think he in any way cheated.Too big of a race to pull stunts like that.
If I'm proved wrong fair enough.

Adam4868

Guru

Peter Salt

Bittersweet
As much as I love a good conspiracy ... with the mechanical Evenepoel gets the same time as the group he was with.
Without the mechanical he would ... er ... have got the same time as the group he was with.
Unless it's being suggested that he was so fecked that not he not ride at the back of a group for less than 3k.

I dion't get it.
(And I haven't seen it yet)
Before the 3k banner Remco was in 30th, maybe 40th wheel.

The peloton got split at the finish, only 30 riders made the 8s loss. I think a lot of people lost time due to poor positioning rather than bad legs and Remco had very poor positioning. Remco claims mechanical as soon as the steep bump begins - 2.8km out, same bump where Rog attacks.

Just too convenient and that's that. No way to establish the truth but situation leaves a bitter taste IMHO.

Before the 3k banner Remco was in 30th, maybe 40th wheel.

The peloton got split at the finish, only 30 riders made the 8s loss. I think a lot of people lost time due to poor positioning rather than bad legs and Remco had very poor positioning. Remco claims mechanical as soon as the steep bump begins - 2.8km out, same bump where Rog attacks.

Just too convenient and that's that. No way to establish the truth but situation leaves a bitter taste IMHO.

Exactly as I see it :okay:

Adam4868

Guru
Fingers crossed for Rog.
The crash of Primoz Roglic near the end was the major incident from the day, as he featured in the race's medical report alone:

1 - Primoz Roglic (Jumbo-Visma). Polycontusions. Superficial wounds on right elbow, right hip, right knee and right rib area.

Top Bottom