Vulpine goes into administration

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Milkfloat

An Peanut
That's a bit of a shame. I think they were in the nowhere land between a premium brand and a value for money brand.

LonesomeWanderer

Über Member
Shame, I've got four or five items of Vulpine kit likewise nabbed in one of the early sample sales and they're still going strong. I like the more understated designs but as you say the full prices are nuts. Also I haven't got anything from them for a couple of years because it's all still fine which I guess is the problem for anyone selling good quality clothing. And the management of their last sale was an absolute disaster and put a good few people off....

GJT

Über Member
It is a real shame. I have quite a bit of their gear, but never bought at full price. Maybe a buyer will be found - I hope so.

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
I remember when they crowdfunded and just out of interest I looked into their finances and general business control. Not because I wanted to give them my cash, just because I was interested it would work as a business

It was a joke and certainly would not have passed muster in a more regulated investment market. I'm not surprised at all that they have failed

byegad

Legendary Member
Damn. I still miss Parrot, having bought quite a lot of their gear back in the day, much of which is still going strong. It seems that area of the market, decent quality at a decent price is a place where it's very difficult to make a living.

Looks like they are still trading so must be hoping for a buy out and turn around by someone with cash. Perhaps Evan Cycles will step in?

k_green

Shame. I got a Merino Jersey in the sample sale and it's my favourite.

400bhp

Guru
Looks like they are still trading so must be hoping for a buy out and turn around by someone with cash. Perhaps Evan Cycles will step in?

They are in administration which means they are trading currently, with a view to wind up or cash injection/sale.

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
Shame. I got a Merino Jersey in the sample sale and it's my favourite.
I had a merino t-shirt from them that I really liked, probably one of the best pieces of kit I've owned.

They managed to be aspirational without being snobby, which I quite liked, although their stuff was way out of my price range.

k_green

I had a merino t-shirt from them that I really liked, probably one of the best pieces of kit I've owned.

They managed to be aspirational without being snobby, which I quite liked, although their stuff was way out of my price range.
Yeah, the theme of this thread seems to be, nice stuff when i picked it up drastically reduced.

Top Bottom