1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vulpine men's nightfall jacket

Discussion in 'Clothing, Helmets and Shoes' started by iwantanewbike, 26 Dec 2016.

1. iwantanewbike

iwantanewbike Active Member

Hi All,

Considering buying this jacket as it's stylish (compared to typical jackets), yet is waterproof and reflective:

http://www.vulpine.cc/uk/men-s-nightfall-commute-jacket-in-dark-navy

It's quite steep though. Not totally averse to the price if I can get 10% off first order by subscribing to their newsletter but can anyone recommend viable alternatives with the same features?

2. Pockets are often useful. This jacket does not have any.

3. iwantanewbike

Thanks for the heads up on that one - I usually need somewhere for phone wallet and keys.

4. vickster

vickster Legendary Member

Have a look at always riding for stylish commute wear.

5. iwantanewbike

Perhaps the latest version does have pockets now:

"The Nightfall Jacket has a reflective print design which somehow manages to look quite stylish, not a word we ever use for reflective garments. It’s made from a waterproof and windproof fabric so it’ll keep you dry and warm, and there are vents under the arms to stop you overheating when racing home for tea. There are plenty of pockets including two waterproofed zipped pockets. Meanwhile, a soft internal lining provides insulation and there are shoulder pads for comfortably wearing backpacks."

6. GJT

GJT Well-Known Member

7. iwantanewbike

Afraid not.. probably a large!

8. GJT

GJT Well-Known Member

Me too, or would have snapped that up. They were reduced in Black Friday sale to around £144 I think, but not reduced at all in current sale unfortunately.

9. jay clock

jay clock Massive member

Personal view but looks like seventies wrapping paper on a regular cycling jacket. For that reason I'm out

10. jay clock likes this.
  11. jay clock

jay clock Massive member

Accy cyclist likes this.