W&E Pollard classic bicycle information and value!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Nabbo86

hiya all, I required this w&e pollard classic bicycle and cant find much information about it! What i do know is its from a small manufacturing company that once existed in coventry. What I would like to know is the model, age and value... Plus any interesting history( please see all attached pics

Thanks Nabbo86

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    170.2 KB · Views: 135
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    135.2 KB · Views: 135
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    163.3 KB · Views: 121
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    94 KB · Views: 121
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    139.2 KB · Views: 124
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    146.6 KB · Views: 138

raleighnut

Legendary Member
:welcome: Nice. :becool:

pubrunner

Legendary Member
It's difficult to provide a value; but what I can tell you, is that it is worth more as it currently is (sympathetically cleaned).

The paint and decals/transfers look to be in good condition, clean the frame carefully - don't damage the transfers. If you were to have the frame re-finished or powder-coated :sad:, it's value would diminish.

Originality is greatly prized and accessories of the period will add to its worth - the value of those two saddlebags might surprise you - I've seen Carradice bags - much like the larger (olive green) bag that you have, go for between £40 - £60. The mudguards, the rubber covers on the brake levers, the saddle - all these have a value.

Clean it, keep it as it is and use it !

Looks a very nice bike !

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
@Nabbo86 welcome and where did you find that fantastic bike , and as @pubrunner says clean and polish only please do not consider loosing all that history .

I for my sins also own a Pollard and it is a great bike to ride and own , there is meant to be an owners club on the internet but never found it myself

i presume you have seen this http://www.classiclightweights.co.uk/builders/pollard.html

what are your intentions with the Pollard ?

will add some pics of mine later

OP
OP
N

Nabbo86

Thanks for replies...Pubrunner: definitely will give it a buff(taking very good care) the saddle bag however is abit worse for wear ☹️ As be stored in a rotten shed for some time!!!...Biggs682: can you believe someone put this beauty out for scrap Thats got to be a sin in its self lol!!!is there any codes/stamps on the pollard that i can reference it to its year of make/model???Would love to see the pollard you have,please message me when you upload anything

Top Bottom