W

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
I suppose also how many dormant bank / building society accounts must be hanging around, people who die with no dependants, couples where one half looks after the finances and the other half lets them get on with it and has no idea where all the savings are invested.

Parents who pass away and the kids have no idea of what accounts their parents had, especially in this day and age where paper seems to be at a premium and everything is online.

Personally I have a printed copy of everything we have, which gets updated should we open or close an account, with all account details and it is housed under F for financial in a paper filing system should I go first so that Mrs RL can hopefully find it easily and get her hands on the money I should have spent on bikes and holidays!

Hopefully in a safe. :smile:

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
The executor of my will knows how to log into my CC account, and has power of attorney for the banking accounts ^_^
I've also a paper log of all my online logging in details for her.
There are a few boards I'm subscribed to that purge inactive members every few years.
My Grandfather's FB account is still active, many years after he died.
None of us knows the password :laugh:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
My Grandfather's FB account is still active, many years after he died.
I'm still getting emails from people who died several years ago... :whistle:

Their computers got hacked long before they died and my email address was harvested. The message headers look this...

<Dead Friend> (Dead Friend0123456789@dodgyhackingscum.ru)

They don't fool me! :laugh:

johnnyb47

Guru
A bit off topic and morbid but I've still got my mums old sim card and mobile phone number. The only reason i keep it is because its still got her voice on it when it sends your call to answer phone. Its the only thing I've got of her in recording. Admittedly i don't listen to it much, but i can't let it go for sentimental reasons.

classic33

Leg End Member
I feel like registering a new internet domain - retroflounce.com... (Soon to be ex-)customers could sign up to flounce from beyond the grave/furnace! :laugh:
Question?
How do they sign up from beyond the grave/furnace?

Top Bottom