W

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AndyRM

XOXO
I'm not too sure about Bannister. He was paced by a number of the other runners as part of the attempt to get him inside four minutes. Had it been a genuine race he probably would not have succeeded.

A fair comment, and similar to Kipchoge's sub 2 hour marathon I suppose, but still a pretty incredible achievement.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
Istanbul champions league final 2005.....as liverpool lift number 5 after being 3 nil down at halftime, a stevie G inspired 2nd half took us to penalties and the rest is history........

Watching Roger Hammond win his World Junior CX medal/jersey, in Roundhay Park (Leeds) in Feb 1992

And, afterwards, having him come up to us, as we were standing with parents of two junior squad (brothers) who Hammond had stayed with, for the days before the event

He was good enough to roll his top up for me (scanned from a print)

Dave7

Legendary Member
Istanbul champions league final 2005.....as liverpool lift number 5 after being 3 nil down at halftime, a stevie G inspired 2nd half took us to penalties and the rest is history........
Yoi can't see it but I gave that 10 likes ^_^

screenman

Legendary Member
Watching Roger Hammond win his World Junior CX medal/jersey, in Roundhay Park (Leeds) in Feb 1992

And, afterwards, having him come up to us, as we were standing with parents of two junior squad (brothers) who Hammond had stayed with, for the days before the event

He was good enough to roll his top up for me (scanned from a print)

View attachment 525869

I was there that day and remember driving 80 miles home in seriously thick fog, did not stop me coming up the next day as well though.

Who can forget 7th May 1994 when DIss Town FA beat Taunton to win the FA Vase Cup at Wembley. Diss was left a ghost town as a 13,450 crowd in London watched the Tangerines come from behind to beat Taunton Town 2-1 after extra time.

Profpointy

Legendary Member
I'm not a huge sports fan, but I'll never forget the Headingly test match against the Ozzies back in '81

England were essentially beaten and made to follow on wiith the Ozzies only needing 130 on their 2nd innings

Botham took the first wicket and Bob Willis bowling like a madman got the rest for a total of 111. Willis's figures were 8 for 43. I saw it on TV but wow what a game.

View: https://youtu.be/NxSpexmFpMg

Top Bottom