W10 DVD Player?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sharky

Guru
Just got a new W10 laptop and realised it doesn't come loaded with a DVD player.

What are the options? It seems you can down load the windows DVD player for about £12, but some reviews say it sometimes has faults. Or you can down load one of several free ones.

What are the recommendations?
Thanks Keith

Salty seadog

Space Cadet...(3rd Class...)
Just got a new W10 laptop and realised it doesn't come loaded with a DVD player.

What are the options? It seems you can down load the windows DVD player for about £12, but some reviews say it sometimes has faults. Or you can down load one of several free ones.

What are the recommendations?
Thanks Keith

Windows media player, is that not there? Or VLC which is free

OP
OP
Sharky

Sharky

Guru
I've got the windows media player and can play CD's, but not option to play DVD's.

Will try the VLC free one, unless other recommendations pop up.
Thanks for the reply.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I paid £12 for a USB DVD drive for a laptop that doesn't have one. Plenty on ebay shops and they work perfectly.
I think the problem was that the software to use an existing DVD drive was missing!

OP
OP
Sharky

Sharky

Guru
I paid £12 for a USB DVD drive for a laptop that doesn't have one. Plenty on ebay shops and they work perfectly.

I did buy a stand alone USB DVD drive for just over £20 from Comet, but it is the software I don't seem to have on this laptop or the disc that came with the DVD drive.
Thanks for the reply.

OP
OP
Sharky

Sharky

Guru
Very Lovely Christmas to you all.
VLC seems to be the outright winner. Will download later.

Cheers

OP
OP
Sharky

Sharky

Guru
Loaded VLC and it works great - thanks everybody.

Next question - what email client do people use with W10. The one that came with the laptop if very basic and clumsy. My own research picks out a few and Thunderbird seems to be a front runner.

Which one is the favourite on cycle chat?
Thanks
Keith

Top Bottom