Wacky races (spoilers)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
B

bitsandbobs

Über Member
This weekend is Unbound Gravel.

Quite a few current and ex-pros chancing their hands.

Laurens ten Dam and Thomas Dekker going in the mens.

Amanda Naumen stepping up to the XL race in the womens.

Adam4868

Guru
Just reading Ian Boswell won it,with a sprint against Laurens Ten Dam at the finish.I remeber him from Sky then I think Katusha ? Didn't know he was still racing.

OP
OP
B

bitsandbobs

Über Member
Just reading Ian Boswell won it,with a sprint against Laurens Ten Dam at the finish.I remeber him from Sky then I think Katusha ? Didn't know he was still racing.

Boswell rides on the US gravel circuit. I expect theres pretty ok money to be made at the top.
Peter Stetina was 3rd, another ex-pro, who rode for BMC and Trek.

Unbound Gravel is probably the biggest bike race these days in the US in terms of public visibility. I watched Dwars door Hageland yesterday on Belgian telly and the commentators spent more time wittering on about UG than the race in front of them (Sven Nys was one of the commentators and I think he rode UG a few years back).

Adam4868

Guru
Boswell rides on the US gravel circuit. I expect theres pretty ok money to be made at the top.
Peter Stetina was 3rd, another ex-pro, who rode for BMC and Trek.

Unbound Gravel is probably the biggest bike race these days in the US in terms of public visibility. I watched Dwars door Hageland yesterday on Belgian telly and the commentators spent more time wittering on about UG than the race in front of them (Sven Nys was one of the commentators and I think he rode UG a few years back).
Don't know much about it to be honest....looks tough enough ! How olds Ten Dams ? Must be 40 ish.

Love it!
"Hi my name is Kiel Reijnen and I made some bad choices today," the 35-year-old said in an Instagram video.

He retired in part due to concussion related issues, I guess he thinks he's safer on gravel than flying into bends on wet cobbles in a bunch doing 50kph...he's probably right^_^.

I have a vague recollection that he's working for Zwift or one of those bike techie things

OP
OP
B

bitsandbobs

Über Member
He retired in part due to concussion related issues, I guess he thinks he's safer on gravel than flying into bends on wet cobbles in a bunch doing 50kph...he's probably right^_^.

I have a vague recollection that he's working for Zwift or one of those bike techie things

You're ight, but it's Wahoo.

Top Bottom