WAHEY! Promotion!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jiggerypokery

Über Member
I know it's not strictly commuting but....

...I've only gone and got myself promoted! How chuffed am I! More cash, more lounging around in business class on the plane and more necking free booze and sarnies in the lounge at the airport (carbon footprint...pah!) and...and ...and...I get a car allowance too! A whopping £800 nicker per month, and what am I going to do with it????????

Get the smallest car on the list, pocket the rest and buy myself a bike for every occasion...

A Cervelo P3C for TT's and Triathlon with full SRAM Red kit and Zipp wheels
Charge Plug fixie for commuting to work
Airnimal for taking on the plane with me
Orbea Orca for club rides and crits
Whyte E120 for mountain biking
Treck Lime for Mrs JP
A Chopper - coz I want one.

Conspicuous consumption here I come...woohahahah :sad:

This is assuming there's any cash left after Mrs JP has alotted it to various projects, purchases that she has in mind :smile: hey ho....

wafflycat

You're missing an item or so on that list of steeds:-

A recumbent trike for touring
A racing recumbent in carbon fibre, with fairing

Mustn't sell yourself short you know.

Congrats on the promotion

spindrift

When I win the lottery....

The Nigel Williams First Edition bookshop in Cecil Court, snaffle up a first of every book I love.

Then head west to Selfridges and their cycling concession for some serious kit. I could do £5k in minutes...

I think bike shops smell sexy, perhaps it's just me...

OP
OP
jiggerypokery

jiggerypokery

Über Member
I never knew selfridges did cycling gear! The one in Brum certainly doesn't - it's an emporium of over priced tat that's only surpassed by Harvey Nicks.

Recumbent....ohhhhhhhhhhhh that word makes my ears bleed :sad:

Now a tandem for me and the Mrs - or the Goodies three up so that Junior can sit in the middle - now your talking!

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Nice car allowance - my last job was about half that - glad it's going on the smallest car on the list as £800 pm will get a seriously nice car.

Just make sure they don't work you too hard for the promotion....

spindrift

I never knew Selfridges did cycling gear!

Top of the escalators, first floor. Loads of great Altura stuff and some serious toys for boys and girls including those silly bike indicator things.

OP
OP
jiggerypokery

jiggerypokery

Über Member
Like this.......

mark40a_001.jpg

ChrisKH

Guru
Congrats.

My brother got promoted and had the same benefit for the first time. His face crumpled when he realised the £6,000 car allowance meant he got much less than that after tax.

ChrisKH

Guru
Twenty Inch said:
:biggrin: *Schadenfreude*

No, better still he bought a five series BMW and had to sell it within a couple of weeks (at a depreciated loss, obviously) becuase his wife couldn't quite reach the pedals and she crashed it into the end of the garage. :biggrin::wacko:

Top Bottom