Waheyheyhey!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jiggerypokery

Über Member
Three months after the birth of The Bean, JP Junior, and I'm back on my bike and comuting to work again. Oh the joy, the bliss the escape!

Mrs JP is in total control now and the bean is sleeping through the night so neither of us us as knackered as we have been and I'm no longer met at the front door by an overwrought wife and screaming baby boy.

Down side of the three months or so of driving in to work is that my lycra is ...how shall I put it....SNUG around the midrif :biggrin:

domtyler

Über Member
What was stopping you cycling?

Don't worry, I have had about four hours sleep over the past two days, you have plenty of suffering to come! :biggrin:

OP
OP
jiggerypokery

jiggerypokery

Über Member
The need to leave the house as late as possible through lack of sleep and then the need to be back in the house as quickly as possible once the clock had struck 5pm...baby love is increadibly addictive! :biggrin:

Mrs JP also had a rather complicated C/section so I wanted to be able to get home at lunch time too.

I was still out at the weekends training just not comuting though I must say I have missed the thrill of jousting with dozy cagers in the mornings.

ChrisW

jiggerypokery said:
The need to leave the house as late as possible through lack of sleep and then the need to be back in the house as quickly as possible once the clock had struck 5pm...baby love is increadibly addictive! :biggrin:

Mrs JP also had a rather complicated C/section so I wanted to be able to get home at lunch time too.

I was still out at the weekends training just not comuting though I must say I have missed the thrill of jousting with dozy cagers in the mornings.

Yea, with you on the baby love thing, and it gets better up to about 7 or 8 years old, then its DOWHILL all the way to the TEENAGE YEARS :biggrin: :biggrin:

I cycled 'cos it was actually quicker than walk/train/tube....

Best of luck, and keep enjoying it, 'cos you'll look back in the years to come and wonder how it went so quickly.

Not getting any baby love yet - TI junior is only 5 weeks old. I am VERY MUCH enjoying being at this UN conference in Spain, in a 4 star hotel and getting a full night´s sleep every night : )

OP
OP
jiggerypokery

jiggerypokery

Über Member
OMG! How cautious was I on the ride home in the dark!

As the ever present traffic wooshed by me leaving a hairs breadth of space all of my responsibilities as a parent welled up on me and for a short while I wondered if comumuting was worth the risk!

So here's my question, given that as cycle commuters we are rather more at risk from serious injury how do those of you who have nippers cope with the commute/risk/responsibility to said nipper conundrum.

And this is not mentioned with the intention of causing further debate on the matter but I wore my lid today for the first time ever outside of a race.

Tynan

Veteran
I hear you, the first day they sleep through is a magical time indeed, , then when they get a few words and stop the guessing why a baby is howling, then toilet traine, all gets better, barring teeth

congrats and well done

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Don't worry about the 'responsibility' thing - the 'health' benefits out weigh the risk, certainly long term. Expect the odd tumble and A&E visit......

You'll be fitter to chase the little blighters !!!!

Emu

I'm sorry to say the mileage in the car just gets worse as they get older....serves me right for being a pushy mum!

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
jiggerypokery said:
Three months after the birth of The Bean, JP Junior, and I'm back on my bike and comuting to work again. Oh the joy, the bliss the escape!

Mrs JP is in total control now and the bean is sleeping through the night so neither of us us as knackered as we have been and I'm no longer met at the front door by an overwrought wife and screaming baby boy.

Down side of the three months or so of driving in to work is that my lycra is ...how shall I put it....SNUG around the midrif :biggrin:

don`t worry its all done hill from here, just wait till the teething starts and the MMR injections are administered :biggrin:

Top Bottom