Wahoo compatabilty with Android phone

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tilley

Über Member
Have been given a Wahoo cadence sensor which operates wirelessly through Bluetooth. However recently discovered that my existing mobile phone Samsung S3mini is not compatible. My step sons Samsung J3 appears to be compatible in that it will at least download the app and recognise the cadence sensor. I am therefore thinking of upgrading my phone for a Samsung J5. However before I lash out the cash it would be good to hear from anyone who currently uses this combination.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
No idea about your question I'm afraid but check out alternative phones before upgrading. Samsung are being outgunned and undercut by some less well-known makes. I bought a Huawei recently which is excellent.

I have recently been in the market for new android phone simply because my Moto g phone can't be used for contact less payment. That made me look bit further.
I think your sensor uses Bluetooth 4. Old phones may still be using Bluetooth 2.
So what you need to do is
Check what connection does your sensor uses. Bluetooth 4 etc.
Then when you look for a phone, check what does it support.
For example, contact less payment needs NFC connection. Just because the phone is expensive, does not mean it support NFC or Bluetooth 4.
Finally, people in the phone shops usually does not have a clue. You will need to read all tech specs to understand it.
Hope this helps.

No idea about your question I'm afraid but check out alternative phones before upgrading. Samsung are being outgunned and undercut by some less well-known makes. I bought a Huawei recently which is excellent.
P9 ?
I had the P6 and it was pretty damn good for the money.
So anything after that would be good

marknotgeorge

Hol den Vorschlaghammer!
According to GSMArena, the Samsung J5 has Bluetooth 4.1, so should work fine with the Wahoo sensor. The Wahoo sensor is one of the better ones out there, I've found.

Top Bottom