Wahoo elemnt one device at a time?.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

TyrannosaurusTreks

Formerly known as Giantbadge
Hi people’s, with the maps side of it I don’t use strava or any other fitness app.
i am selecting routes through google maps, but thought it would be easier selecting my route on my ipad rather than my phone.
But it looks like I can only have one device at a time, is this true.

newts

Veteran
Are you trying to sync via the Wahoo companion app from google maps?

newts

Veteran
It's much easier if you use an app such as RWGPS or Komoot to plan your route (Komoot is my current favourite). From within the wahoo companion app link your route planning app via 'automatic upload', it'll then automatically sync from any device that you plan a route with your chosen route planner.

13 rider

Guru
If you set up on your phone the auto link to ridewithgps . You can then plan the route on your iPad on ridewithgps and force your head unit to sync on wifi it will auto upload the route

13 rider

Guru
Just checked by bolt head unit in the menu there's a pair phone option which produces the QR code ,so if you have the app on your iPad you can pair the unit with 2 devices . Not sure the element is the same

newts

Veteran
I have the app on my phone which I create my route, I would like to create on my ipad but elemnt tells me I need to forget phone.
It will work with android, I just installed the app on my tablet & paired my Bolt to it. Previously i'd closed the app on my phone (android) & switched off the Bolt. It still works on the phone after switching the bolt off & back on. Komoot is very user friendly ^_^

OP
OP
TyrannosaurusTreks

TyrannosaurusTreks

Formerly known as Giantbadge
It will work with android, I just installed the app on my tablet & paired my Bolt to it. Previously i'd closed the app on my phone (android) & switched off the Bolt. It still works on the phone after switching the bolt off & back on. Komoot is very user friendly ^_^
Yes I downloaded a few rides on Komoot last night, very easy so I will leave it the way it is.

Mark pallister

Yes, and wasn't impressed at all with the roam.
Should have stuck with performance and left the mapping to the more competent companies
How long ago did you try one ?
they have come on huge strides in the last few months,every bit as good as garmin now in my opinion

broady

Veteran
Used one about 3 months ago with the Wahoo team.
They don't re-route and you can't scroll the screen. Personally don't think the screen on the Roam is anywhere near as clear as the Garmin.
Athletically it is not pleasing to look at either (the bolt is lovely).
I've also had more software issues with Wahoo than I ever have with Garmin and i really don't like that you can't connect the Wahoo to a computer at all

Top Bottom