Wahoo Elmnt Battery life

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Maherees

Über Member
Hi all,
Prior to a few all day rides I bought an Elmnt Wahoo and battery life was good, 8 hours at least. Now following a 5 hour ride I had 5% left. I do keep my Bluetooth on the phone due to a Covid app so I'm not sure if this is responsible for the battery's diminishing performance or whether 4 years is an expected lifetime of this gadget.

Milzy

Guru
Hi all,
Prior to a few all day rides I bought an Elmnt Wahoo and battery life was good, 8 hours at least. Now following a 5 hour ride I had 5% left. I do keep my Bluetooth on the phone due to a Covid app so I'm not sure if this is responsible for the battery's diminishing performance or whether 4 years is an expected lifetime of this gadget.
I always have mine connected to phone to see messages & calls & I’ve noticed after nearly 4 years it’s not holding its charge as well. You should buy the new ver.2 Bolt if riding long days.

Mike_P

Guru
If you do not need the Elemnt connected by Bluetooth tell the phone to forget it and reconnect it when needed.

Last edited:

the_mikey

Legendary Member
Where do you keep your phone? If it's in your back pocket, and the Elemnt is on the handlebars you might be making life hard for your devices as they both will need to use more power to make a connection due to a big watery mass between the two devices (2.4GHz is absorbed by water and human beings quite nicely) , bluetooth can use anything between 0.01mW and a 100mW, those milliwatts add up, I also turn off the LED guidance on my wahoo computers as I don't really need that feature.

I used to get 12 hours from my Elemnt, but I was never bothered about keeping it connected to the phone and switched off leds etc.

Mine suddenly started dropping charge after a three month break from use. I'd get maybe 5 hours.

There is information online about replacing the battery. Wahoo used to sell replacement batteries.
Reply if you want a link.

Since they discontinued the Elemnt they no longer sell the battery but they can be bought online.

I contacted Wahoo, explained I was not happy and was offered decent prices on either a Bolt or Roam that satisfied me.

PaulSB

Legendary Member
My Elemnt is around three years old and last Sunday I still had 58% left after 10:23 hours. I wasn't running TBT or a course just recording and HR monitoring.

The previous unit dropped battery life quite quickly. I contacted Wahoo and received a replacement in five days. I would raise a ticket with Wahoo Support. You won't loose anything and they are usually exceptionally good with this sort of thing.

I realise the Elemnt is discontinued but I'd expect Wahoo to help if they can. The customer service is outstanding.

Top Bottom