Wahoo Kickr v5

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Edinho1975

Goodday,

Anyone experiencing the new Wahoo Kickr v5 facing underreading power.
I have a rented Kickr and the power seems to be 10% to 15% off in comparison with my Powermeter.

Powermeter is calibrated correctly but still the Kickr is way off, it feels like I am 30 to 50 watts down and on peak level even 100 wats,

CXRAndy

Guru
The Kickrs are very reliable regarding power, that doesn't mean you don't have a fault.

What is your other power reading source?

OP
OP
E

Edinho1975

The Kickrs are very reliable regarding power, that doesn't mean you don't have a fault.

What is your other power reading source?
My other source is a Favero BePro single sided pedal.
I did a race tonight in Zwift and my power is below the level I was a year ago:sad: Been using the Elite Direto before it is send back to the manufacturer.

CXRAndy

Guru
My other source is a Favero BePro single sided pedal.
I did a race tonight in Zwift and my power is below the level I was a year ago:sad: Been using the Elite Direto before it is send back to the manufacturer.

The only true way is to use another turbo against your pedal meter. The Tacx Neo/2/2T is renowned for its accuracy.

You could just choose the power reading source in Zwift setup page and use your pedals for power. Then you'd have consistency of readings- even if they're slightly different to the Kickr.

Losing power is normal unless you're dedicated to maintaining top fitness

OP
OP
E

Edinho1975

The only true way is to use another turbo against your pedal meter. The Tacx Neo/2/2T is renowned for its accuracy.

You could just choose the power reading source in Zwift setup page and use your pedals for power. Then you'd have consistency of readings- even if they're slightly different to the Kickr.

Losing power is normal unless you're dedicated to maintaining top fitness
Yes i have done this test on Sunday and my oedals were reading 11% higher than the Neo, but still i am 100 watts down in fitness?
The only way i thinkni can test is using a crank based PM and compare with the kickr..or..theres something wrong with my fitness

CXRAndy

Guru
Yes i have done this test on Sunday and my oedals were reading 11% higher than the Neo, but still i am 100 watts down in fitness?
The only way i thinkni can test is using a crank based PM and compare with the kickr..or..theres something wrong with my fitness

You maybe conflating two issues. Your pedals are over reading and your fitness may have dropped off.

My personal experience is currently, Im very unfit having spent 4 months off a bike. Im over 100 Watts lower average than before my layoff. I know the reason though, I was lazy and lost fitness.

OP
OP
E

Edinho1975

Well i have been spending a lot of time on the Turbo the past year, unless i am overtrained, nothing wrong with my fitness

CXRAndy

Guru
Percentage wise, you've tried three power sources. Two read similarly, your pedals over read. Yet you say you can't hit the numbers of last year. Either all the equipment is faulty (unlikely) or your fitness has tailed off due to overtraining, illness

OP
OP
E

Edinho1975

Yeah, makes sense it must be my fitness then and maybe overtrained. Will take some time off the turbo

Top Bottom