Wahoo Kickr

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

zaub

I just received a warranty replacement wahoo kickr and it arrived damaged - the plastic base piece at the back of the turbo was smashed as was the plastic piece on the middle foot. Anyone know how or where I can get replacements? Waiting for Wahoo customer service is tedious - they took over a month to replace my previous unit and i just want to get back training.

Also, as it looks like the courier has dropped the package, should i be worried that other parts of the unit are damaged and just return the whole thing?

any advice greatly appreciated. thanks

Attachments

• IMG_8907.JPG
    IMG_8907.JPG
    116.9 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_8909.JPG
    IMG_8909.JPG
    61.5 KB · Views: 47

CXRAndy

Guru
Wahoo have been replacing faulty new units directly. They usually send out a replacement before you send your own back. You do know the problems with the new Kickr'18 ?

Milzy

Guru
They make great cycle computers & that’s it. Look at all the problems on their forums.
Glad I got the TacX Neo. Any problems can be easily fixed by yourself. I’ve heard of a few KickR’s damaged in transit though.

CXRAndy

Guru
They make great cycle computers & that’s it. Look at all the problems on their forums.
Glad I got the TacX Neo. Any problems can be easily fixed by yourself. I’ve heard of a few KickR’s damaged in transit though.

That's not fair comment, their kickrs from 2014-2017 were extremely reliable. Yes they have had a huge problem with bearing damage on the 2018 models. They are trying their best to sort it.

OP
OP
Z

zaub

Wahoo have been replacing faulty new units directly. They usually send out a replacement before you send your own back. You do know the problems with the new Kickr'18 ?
Yes, been reading about some of the problems. Just hope they sort it out! This is already a warranty replacement for a faulty 2017 unit - patience wearing thin but i'm invested now!

CXRAndy

Guru
Yes, been reading about some of the problems. Just hope they sort it out! This is already a warranty replacement for a faulty 2017 unit - patience wearing thin but i'm invested now!

I moved from a 2014 which I had from new, fantastic reliable trainer to the 2018 model. This was to use the climb feature. I've had two trainers fail, so I've reluctantly gone for the Tacx Neo 2 and hope the rumours that Tacx and Wahoo are working on a kit so the climb works. I'm 4/5 rides into using the Neo. It is a lovely piece of kit, I would say better than my Kickr. I loved my Kickr:cry:

Top Bottom