Waiting for a phonecall.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

postman

Legendary Member
sat up waiting for 111 to ring back.On Wednesday i was part of a team that started to tidy an overgrown garden.Well stupid me wore shorts,yes shorts.Well brambles scratched me badly,and tonight just hours from a very busy week my leg is swollen,sore itching and red.I think it's cellulitis.I have had it before.Now our surgery does not do Saturday mornings,and tomorrow afternoon i am going away for three days,then home a day then away for four days.i can't believe doing a favour has backfired.Leg is swelling down to my toes i can feel it.so still got another hour to wait.It might be a long night.

Welsh wheels

Lycra king
Good luck :okay:

OP
OP
postman

postman

Legendary Member
Why not pitch up at casualty?

They are busy enough.Phonecall came through.Nurse has pushed it to a two hour wait rather than six,it could be a long night.It's my own fault,i know i should wear clothes that cover me up.Why i did it i have no idea.Numpty that i am.

OP
OP
postman

postman

Legendary Member
So what happened @postman?

Wednesday night a team of us about ten people.Descended on an overgrown garden.One of our church who is going through a tough time,has lost control of the garden and was instructed by the landlord to tidy it up.I can say this garden must have been on it's way to looking rubbish when she moved in.It was bad and she has only lived there three years.So we set about cutting back strimmimg the lawn.We did our best but it needs at least three more visits IN DRY WEATHER to get it under control.So i set about a bad patch of brambles with my hedge cutter and well i got attacked i had shorts on,fool.So last night the leg swelled up sore red itchy.Surgery not open Saturday morning,and i do get cellulitis which gets bad.So all night Doctor sorted me out with fluxo something.Four days before i see any progress he said.So now going to rest.

Mrs M

Guru
Wednesday night a team of us about ten people.Descended on an overgrown garden.One of our church who is going through a tough time,has lost control of the garden and was instructed by the landlord to tidy it up.I can say this garden must have been on it's way to looking rubbish when she moved in.It was bad and she has only lived there three years.So we set about cutting back strimmimg the lawn.We did our best but it needs at least three more visits IN DRY WEATHER to get it under control.So i set about a bad patch of brambles with my hedge cutter and well i got attacked i had shorts on,fool.So last night the leg swelled up sore red itchy.Surgery not open Saturday morning,and i do get cellulitis which gets bad.So all night Doctor sorted me out with fluxo something.Four days before i see any progress he said.So now going to rest.
Take care :hugs:
Really lovely of you all to help though :okay:
xx

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
We all do daft things like that and it is mostly down to idleness. Cant be bothered finding the saftey glasses or ear defenders must be near the top of the list. We have all been there and done it and got away with it most of the time. But sometimes not.

I hope you get well soon.

Drago

Legendary Member
They called you back yet @postman?

Last week my Missus called 111. "Hello, my husband had surgery this morning. We've not long returned home and now he can't breathe.". Ambo appeared right quick!

OP
OP
postman

postman

Legendary Member
Hello all.Leg still swollen,but that's because i have not been able to rest it.Have been in Lancashire since saturday afternoon,mother in laws 80th birthday bash,and today took lad back to Manchester from Preston.So been on my pins all the time.took my shoe and sock off in the car.
The treatment Friday night Saturday morning was brilliant.First of all 111,for advice,they said to stay by the phone and a Nurse would ring.One hour later a Nurse did ring,we went over my symptoms then i was told to hang on,i was given a 05-15 appointment.Was there anything else,well 04-00 i'll take that i will now book a taxi for 03-30.Just a min ,phone goes quiet,voice comes back.Transport booked for you both ways .So i got picked up down to local all night Doctors service less than 10 mins away.Nobody in, Doctor sees me tell me i have an infection out i come with a prescription and a car brings me home.Brilliant.

Wobblers

Euthermic
Hello all.Leg still swollen,but that's because i have not been able to rest it.Have been in Lancashire since saturday afternoon,mother in laws 80th birthday bash,and today took lad back to Manchester from Preston.So been on my pins all the time.took my shoe and sock off in the car.
The treatment Friday night Saturday morning was brilliant.First of all 111,for advice,they said to stay by the phone and a Nurse would ring.One hour later a Nurse did ring,we went over my symptoms then i was told to hang on,i was given a 05-15 appointment.Was there anything else,well 04-00 i'll take that i will now book a taxi for 03-30.Just a min ,phone goes quiet,voice comes back.Transport booked for you both ways .So i got picked up down to local all night Doctors service less than 10 mins away.Nobody in, Doctor sees me tell me i have an infection out i come with a prescription and a car brings me home.Brilliant.

A "like" for the good treatment, not that your leg's still swollen. I think you can stick your legs up on the coffee table and enjoy a nice cup of tea belt of a decent single malt - you've earned it! I hope it settles down soon.

Top Bottom