Waiting.. Waiting.. Waiting

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MattHB

Proud Daddy
Yes ok, we've still got 2 weeks until due date... Baby is head down and fully engaged.

Last week we spent a day in the anti-natal clinic because Abi was so dehydrated from sickness she could hardly walk. Was a very worrying time! She's now on anti-sickness meds and that's helped enormously, she's keeping food down and fluids in. While there they monitored everything and there were some pretty clear, fairly strong (about 50%) contractions which lasted about 2 hours.

Trouble is, I'm so excited (and nervous) I can hardly contain myself. Something that I totally didn't expect as this isn't my first.

So anyway.. It could be a day or 3 weeks!

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Both our two were two weeks late. Went in for a sweep and that started my wife off, so it was waiting lots, but everything started after the sweep.

Catch up on sleep now.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Pre -congrats !
Both mine were early , 1st was induced because the wife had pre-eclampsia and the second was an emergency c -section , turns out the wife has a "difficult airway " so we had problems with the anaesthetic and also lost a lot of weight with gestational diabetes.

OP
OP
MattHB

MattHB

Proud Daddy
Pre -congrats !
Both mine were early , 1st was induced because the wife had pre-eclampsia and the second was an emergency c -section , turns out the wife has a "difficult airway " so we had problems with the anaesthetic and also lost a lot of weight with gestational diabetes.
gosh that was a rough ride, glad it all turned out ok!

Matthew_T

"Young and Ex-whippet"
I was scheduled to be born on 17th dec but waited until 3rd jan to come out. Almost a month after planned. My mother had to have a cesarian I was that big and I weighed 10lbs.
And now I am barely 9st. You wouldnt have known that I was a big baby with what I weigh now and how skinny I am.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Hope it all goes well

Arch

Married to Night Train
I was scheduled to be born on 17th dec but waited until 3rd jan to come out. Almost a month after planned.

I hate to be picky... no, scrap that, I love being picky. But that's 17 days, which isn't quite almost a month....

Anyway MattHB, I hope the remaining time passes without worry, and it all goes well.

Top Bottom