Waiting...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mcd

The 405 is a very slim package - bit like an ipod (but not as curvy at the edges). Like an ipod, it's not possible for the user to change the battery. The only option for extended recording is an additional power source - for example something you can charge, one that takes batteries, or if you're feeling brave here's some thing home made!!!
(I've not tried any of these - esp not the last one - so don't know how well they work or if they are warranty friendly)

OP
OP
LordoftheTeapot

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
LOL! I tell you what's really not helping is that I've just discovered that action cameras take paypal, and I've a whole load of dosh sitting in my paypal account that I really shouldn't be touching.

domtyler

Über Member
BentMikey said:
LOL! I tell you what's really not helping is that I've just discovered that action cameras take paypal, and I've a whole load of dosh sitting in my paypal account that I really shouldn't be touching.

You can transfer it to my current account if you like and I'll look after it for you. I've known you long enough to be able to trust you in these kinds of matters now.

OP
OP
LordoftheTeapot
It is desteny, BentMikey. Select your action cam now and pay via Paypal...

OR...

Check out the deals on Amazon for Archos hard drive and camera.

mcd

magnatom said:
The battery pack there is for the 604. I believe that the 405 and 605 now comes with a built in battery that can't be replaced or removed. That seems like a step back to me! (To clarify the 404 had built in battery but the 604 didn't)

One thing to note about the 405 is how to re-charge the battery. As standard it comes with a USB lead - so can be charged from any computer with a USB port. If you want to charge it somewhere where you have access to a mains socket but not a computer (eg at the cafe stop) you'll need to get the Additional Audio/Video Power Adapter Charger (about 2/3 of the way down the page) as well. This charger does not plug directly into the 405, but into the Travel Adaptor that comes with the helmet cam.

mcd said:
One thing to note about the 405 is how to re-charge the battery. As standard it comes with a USB lead - so can be charged from any computer with a USB port. If you want to charge it somewhere where you have access to a mains socket but not a computer (eg at the cafe stop) you'll need to get the Additional Audio/Video Power Adapter Charger (about 2/3 of the way down the page) as well. This charger does not plug directly into the 405, but into the Travel Adaptor that comes with the helmet cam.

Indeed and that is the same for the 404 I have. You can get cheap chargers from e-bay for the 404 (not sure about the 405). The USB charging works out fine for me as I plug it into my computer at work, but it could be a problem for some.

Go on Mike, you know you want to. Just class it as a present from Santa...xx(

mcd

Or you could hold out and get one of these (whenever they start making them). Looks interesting - don't know what the spec is though (or the price!).

Top Bottom