Wakefield Bikeathon 12/26 miles 6 Oct 2013

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
This was my first ever cycling event in 2011 and it was really well organised. Dare I say it was better than most 'commercial' ones I've done since. I'd recommend it. The route takes you south of Wakefield into some nice quiet lanes.

Entry fee: £10 if you enter online before 30 Sept, £15 on the day.
Enter online at: http://leukaemialymphomaresearch.org.uk/event/cycling/wakefield-bikeathon-2013

I didn't do last year's as I did the Etape Pennines that day. However, I'm probably doing this years - but it's likely to be the 12-mile distance with my 9yo on his road bike. That's unless I can twist his arm for the 26-mile one :thumbsup:

It's the same day as the Season of Mists audax, which is fine for those who can do 100km ... but he can't and I can forsee :cry: if we tried.

D

Deleted member 26715

I like this idea having never done a ride with anyone else, but unfortunately I will still be in the US until the following weekend.

Alan...

OP
OP
DCLane

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
I did this today with my 9yo. 155 riders took part and we did the 26 mile distance rather than the 12 mile.

Again there was great marshalling, really well organised and 4 feed stations in only 26 miles :mrpig:

D

Deleted member 26715

Your 9yo did 26 miles, I am now going to hang my head in so much shame......................

Alan...

Top Bottom