Wales Sportive

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
https://www.thewalessportive.com/

Does anyone have any experience of this ?

I quite fancy the 60 or 70 mile option.

But the conflicting information on the website is putting me off.

Some parts of the website say the mid distance route is 70 miles - where as others say it's 60.

It also seems to link in with a triathlon ????

Some parts say no Tri bars - others parts imply you can use Tri bars - but you can't draft with them...

I'm not even 100% sure it's closed roads .

None of those things puts me off -but it just gives the impression of poor organisation....as I don't live local I need it to be well organized ..

Any experience ?

Last edited:
The GPX for the 70 mile ride says it is 73.6 miles.

But £45???? That's a lot of money. Someone is doing that for a profit.
Do you work for free Darius ?

OP
OP
kingrollo

kingrollo

Guru
The GPX for the 70 mile ride says it is 73.6 miles.

But £45???? That's a lot of money. Someone is doing that for a profit.

£45 - if it's a closed road that's actually pretty cheap.

I don't mind paying that. But closed road sportives take some organisation - they don't even seem to have the web site with the correct info.!

£45 - if it's a closed road that's actually pretty cheap.

I don't mind paying that. But closed road sportives take some organisation - they don't even seem to have the web site with the correct info.!
I've only done the one closed road sportive - it was good but you couldn't rely on the roads being closed completely. In the lanes we found a local farmer in his Landrover driving as normal.

It's impossible to stop people getting onto the roads so don't ride as if nothing is coming.

Alex321

Veteran
The triathlon is a completely separate event.
But I think they have cut-n-pasted some of the rules from it, which is why that part of the rules implies you can use tri-bars.

I haven't found the bit on the website where is suggests there is a 60 mile choice, I've only seen the 40, 70 & 112 - I think if I try this it will be the 70 mile one.

Top Bottom