Walkable road shoes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BigonaBianchi

Yes I can, Yes I am, Yes I did...Repeat.
Ok so my Nike walkable roadshoes are past their smell by date..want to get a new pair but wondered if there are any better suggestions from the gallery before I go replace with the same? I see a lot of cool mtb spd shoes which are walkable..are they cool for road riding?..what is the difference between mtb spd shoes and a spd walkable roadshoe?
TIA

ChrisKH

Guru
Tried putting them in the washing machine? Or have they had it?

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
BigonaBianchi said:
I see a lot of cool mtb spd shoes which are walkable..are they cool for road riding?..what is the difference between mtb spd shoes and a spd walkable roadshoe?
TIA
I use a pair of MTB SPD shoes for MTB and road riding.

A road-specific SPD shoe would have a less aggressive tread than a MTB shoe. For example, this pair I sold on CC last year:

rt30_shoes_3.jpg

Specialized BG Sport MTB Shoe - the MTB version of the same road shoe - has a tread and marginally more flex in the sole. 2-bolt SPD-style cleat pattern. Mine are exceptionally comfortable, part mesh keeps feet cool, and walkable.

On my bianchi I use SPD-sl as I was advised they are the most waddable. On the winter bike I've got A520 pedals and use Specialized BG Sport MTB Shoes. There more stiff than other mtb shoes and the combo doesn't look out of place on a road bike IMO. TBH I prefer this combo, its much more walkable.

jimheaney57

I use these http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?PartnerID=79&ModelID=46681

Very comfy and easy to walk in. I had to go to a shopping centre the other day on a day I had no car as it was in the garage. I cycled there and spent about an hour & a half walking around the centre in these shoes.

I use Shimano SPD-A530 pedals.

Top Bottom