Want to do the shopping on the bike...this could be the trailer for you? :-)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jodee1kenobi

Loving my bike sooo much, I thought wouldn't it be great to do the shopping using it.

I'm not a huge fan of panniers, but they are useful, they just don't hold as much as I want and I don't like the bike handling once they are weighted down.

I use Carradice saddlebags mainly and think they are the mutts..... again they don't hold as much as I would like.

I was looking at being able to carry about £50 worth of Lidl/Aldi shopping :biggrin:. Then I found this trailer.

I love it! It's simple once you have fixed the seatpost towing hitch and put together the trailer (very simple to do) you hitch the trailer up to the bike, cycle to the shop, unhitch the trailer, use it as a trolley, then hitch it back up to the bike and cycle home!

Last week I managed to fit £45 worth of Lidl shopping in there! :wahhey:

Initially it was a bit rattly at the seatpost, but a bit of insulation tape sorted that and the box seemed to bounce a little in the frame, but a bungee strap sorted that! After that, the trailer was brilliant!
It also came with a waterproof cover that is secured via velcro straps and red/amber/white reflectors.

Once full of shopping, it hardly affects the handling of the bike.

All in all I am very pleased with my purchase!

subaqua

What’s the point
that looks brilliant

MrJamie

Oaf on a Bike
That looks cool :smile: I always lose my smugness when I cycle to get some shopping and realise I cant get something I see and want, like a couple of 2L bottles of diet coke that take up nearly my whole carradice bag.

Edit: I found their postage zones a bit odd :smile:

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
Trailers are the nuts. I've got a relatively cheap trailer with nylon sides (a Mule), it's great for shopping but I've also used it to transport a sawn-up kitchen worktop to the dump, move around a bass combo, deliver a water butt, take a table to the charity shop. It generally works, but the hitch is a bit wanky (apparently it can be modded with a better Burley hitch but it works just well enough for me not to bother)

I'm eyeing up a carry freedom trailer to replace it when I inevitably break it with a wholly unfeasible load.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
I can see a wee problem compared to mine - infact was considering the one you got, Jodee - but the flat top put me off, it rains a lot here, water would just gather like a big puddle weighting down the trailer.
And it is not suitable for transporting the cat to the vet :rolleyes:
Isn't it great to shop by bike? Well done!

OP
OP
Jodee1kenobi

Jodee1kenobi

I can see a wee problem compared to mine - infact was considering the one you got, Jodee - but the flat top put me off, it rains a lot here, water would just gather like a big puddle weighting down the trailer.
And it is not suitable for transporting the cat to the vet :rolleyes:
Isn't it great to shop by bike? Well done!

Thanks, shopping by bike is brilliant. I end up in a much better mood after shopping, as opposed to when I used the car!!

I did think about the flat top when I looked at it, but after not much thought I realised that it would only be empty whilst cycling to the supermarket and grand total of 2 miles and then be stuffed with lots of shopping! So wouldn't actually be able to puddle on the top. I also don't have a cat to transport^_^so suitability for shopping was my only consideration. In reality the cover fits extremely well and is fairly tight over the top.

Your trailer looks ace and perfect for taking the cat to the vet.:becool: How does he/she find the journey?

Robwiz

Regular
That trailer looks really interesting and at a tempting price.

I have two Dutch 'Basil' panniers on my town bike which hold a small Lidl trolley full of shopping (up to about £25 worth). Baguettes stick out the top though! I don't have a problem going shopping every day or two - it works out well for buying fresh bread, fruit and veg.

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
Blimey, that is a bit of a bargain. My wife is after something for the allotment, that looks perfect.

compo

Veteran
I have a mule trailer with the fabric sides. It is annoying if the load moves and presses the fabric against the wheel. Our council used to issue householders with a plastic box for recycling rubbish before going over to wheely bins. The box is a perfect fit in the trailer, almost like it was made for it and provides complete protection for the fabric.

OP
OP
Jodee1kenobi

Jodee1kenobi

Any chance of some photos?
Here goes ^_^

230947_10151206486324243_1866562347_n.jpg

Top Bottom