Want to see my insect bite?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Big Bren

I got a horsefly bite in almost the exact same spot whilst riding trails with my son - that was over six weeks ago, and I still have an itchy lump.

I hope that clears up for you - it looks nasty.

Bren

buggi

Bird Saviour
i don't reckon that's a bite. i reckon one of them tetsi fly things has laid it's eggs in there and any time soon the maggots are gonna hatch and eat their way out of your leg. ;)

mosschops2

I had something very similar when I was in Switzerland about 15 years ago - never figured that it was an insect bite. It was slap bang on my hip bone. In the end I punctured all of the small blisters, and it cleared up in about 10 days.

(I was only 18 then mind - these days I'd go and see a doctor!)

OP
OP
Brock

Brock

It's much better this morning! That's good because I have an irrational fear of waiting rooms.
The swollen calf has come down a lot and the bite area seems to be less angry, although the blisters are still swelling delightfully. I can walk properly again too. Quite relieved because I'm on holiday this week, and really didn't want it spoiled by a dirty beaked midge.
Thanks for all the concern/advice/warnings of imminent death/mutation. ;)

Mr Phoebus

Brock said:
It's much better this morning! That's good because I have an irrational fear of waiting rooms.
The swollen calf has come down a lot and the bite area seems to be less angry, although the blisters are still swelling delightfully. I can walk properly again too. Quite relieved because I'm on holiday this week, and really didn't want it spoiled by a dirty beaked midge.
Thanks for all the concern/advice/warnings of imminent death/mutation. :sad:
Nice one, Brock ;) Nice to know you're not going to end up looking like the inside of a Dalek.

Top Bottom