[WANTED] 56cm alu frame

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
Due to finally getting around to going for a proper bike fit I've found out that my Ribble Audax frame is too large for me, which after two years of tinkering with I think I knew anyway.

So I'm tentatively putting out feelers to see if anyone has a 56cm frame they're looking to re-home.

It's a long-shot but here's what apparently is my ideal geometry:

photo.jpg

AndyRM

XOXO
I'll get my tape measure out tomorrow evening.

May not have those exact dimensions but might be able to help.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I thought you were the same height as me - 6' 1"? If so, I would have thought that 58 cm would be a better fit.

I normally ride 58 cm with an 11 cm stem, though I was also ok on a 60 cm bike once I changed its stem to 9 cm. I felt cramped on a 56 cm bike with a normal length stem. I would have needed a 13 cm stem and to push the saddle back to make the bike fit me properly.

OP
OP
Andrew_Culture

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
I thought you were the same height as me - 6' 1"? If so, I would have thought that 58 cm would be a better fit.

I normally ride 58 cm with an 11 cm stem, though I was also ok on a 60 cm bike once I changed its stem to 9 cm. I felt cramped on a 56 cm bike with a normal length stem. I would have needed a 13 cm stem and to push the saddle back to make the bike fit me properly.

I thought I was over 6 foot, turns out I'm a measly five foot eleven. Gutted.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I thought I was over 6 foot, turns out I'm a measly five foot eleven. Gutted.
Ah, well 56 cm does sound more likely then!

AndyRM

XOXO
I'm less accurate than the chap who measured you, but I reckon this is pretty close!

Head tube - 180
Top tube - 560
Down tube - 630
Seat tube - 510 (560 from centre of BB to top of tube)
Seat stay - 480
Chain stay - 400

I can do more precise measurements and check angles over the weekend if you're interested?

Here's a dreadful picture. I can take better ones if you'd like. There are a few marks and scrapes but all damage is cosmetic.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    121.7 KB · Views: 27
Top Bottom