Wanted: 7 speed freewheel

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MajorMantra

Bit of a long shot, but I'm after a 7 speed (thread on) freewheel with an 11t or 12t small cog and a big cog around 24-26t.

Anyone got one lying around?

Cheers,
Matthew

Big John

Guru
If you've not managed to find one yet then contact Back2bikes in Stafford. If you Google them you'll find them. They're a bike charity and deal in second hand bikes and parts. They have a vast selection of spares. Decent bunch of volunteers too - all keen cyclists.

OP
OP
MajorMantra

MajorMantra

Thanks, I've dropped them an email. I should check the local bike charity actually though in my experience there they're unlikely to have something like this.

Cheers,
Matthew

14 - 28. And more than light use, I'd say. I'm something of a dystechnic and rely on LBS guidance as to when components are past it, unless really overt symptoms are presenting. A trained eye might say it's an ex-freewheel, or it might say it'll be good for an age yet, I'm not being slippery when I say I don't know; no broken teeth or owt like that.
It was swapped over for a 6 spd freewheel because LBS said 7 was too tight a cluster in the rear drop outs of the 2nd hand bike it came on, not because shifting was sloppy.
This could all be academic if 14 is too large a smallest cog, but you can have it for price of postage and pint; I have no use for it.

OP
OP
MajorMantra

MajorMantra

Thanks gc, but I'm afraid that is too large for my purposes. I really want that big top gear for downhills.

Cheers,
Matthew

tornadotony

Veteran
I know someone who used to have a shop and is selling off his old stock - he did have a 7speed 12-24 freewheel for £10

Top Bottom