Wanted: 700c road wheels - budget £75-200

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
I'm looking for a replacement set of wheels after my DT Swiss front wheel went bang on last week's audax.

Does anyone have a spare set that they're looking to sell? It'll have to take a 10-speed rear cassette.

I've been looking at the Fulcrum 5's or 3.5's on Chain Reaction or some Kinetic K1-33's but would like to check CC's collective parts list first.

iLB

Hello there
Think you could get something quite nice, and hand built, at the upper end of your budget.

winjim

Smash the cistern
My rear went bang and I'm building a new set, so I have a spare front wheel if it's any use to you. Stock wheel from a Bianchi VN7, Ambrosio ws23 rim on a Miche hub, 28 spoke.

OP
OP
DCLane

DCLane

Think you could get something quite nice, and hand built, at the upper end of your budget.

Any suggestions who? That'd be useful, thanks.

My rear went bang and I'm building a new set, so I have a spare front wheel if it's any use to you. Stock wheel from a Bianchi VN7, Ambrosio ws23 rim on a Miche hub, 28 spoke.

That'd be helpful; the wheel I picked up in Clitheroe isn't really usable, but I am very grateful to the LBS who sorted me out with one of their scrap ones in an emergency.

How much for it inc. postage please?

winjim

Smash the cistern
That'd be helpful; the wheel I picked up in Clitheroe isn't really usable, but I am very grateful to the LBS who sorted me out with one of their scrap ones in an emergency.

How much for it inc. postage please?
I have no idea what a single wheel's worth, but a quick look on the Parcelforce website suggests postage of about £12. Does £30 total sound fair?

OP
OP
DCLane

DCLane

@winjim - thanks, but I've picked up a pair of Miche Excite wheels with 10-speed cassette locally via eBay for £20. They'll tide me over in the short term and can go on the Secteur when it sells.

I've also found a new pair of ITM 3.0 wheels for £100 (reduced from £420 RRP) which will hopefully go onto the audax bike.

Last edited:

winjim

Smash the cistern
Sounds like a good couple of deals. :okay:

Top Bottom