Wanted: bike for free

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mtip

Hi everyone,

I used to have a few years old mtb (GT Aggressor) on which I commuted around 16 miles a day and loved every day of it (even the rainy ones) as I could get to work and back home faster than by public transport and feel more relaxed doing it. Sadly I had to sell this bike when I moved temporarily to a place where I had absolutely no room to keep a bike, I have tried to get used to London's public transport. This turned out to be hard work (tube is too expensive and buses are very slow) so I really would like to have a bike to get me to work and back again, around 20 miles a day. But, like a curse, now that I finally have room in my flat for a bike, I don't have any money to get a new one :sad:

So I'm basically looking for a free bike, no matter if it's a mtb, road or hybrid bike, old or very old, single-speed or geared. As long as it's in rideable condition (can go without major repairs for a couple of thousand miles until I can afford to buy a new bike) I am willing to take it. Of course, having owned a mtb I would like to try a road bike, but I can't really be picky, can I? :smile:

Anyway, if you live in London and have a bike lying around that you don't want or use, and if it's in "hop on and go" condition (I don't mind dusting and oiling), please let me know and I would love to have it.

Hi mtip

I had a similar problem myself, up until about a week ago, the best thing i can suggest is signing up with a site called freecycle it took me approximately 24hours to find one on there, granted it was a halfords special and required some air in the tyres and some grease but so far i have done 30 miles on it without spending a penny.

Its a very simple site to use you just sign up and search for your local group, place a wanted ad and also make sure you check through the offers ads daily and you should find something relatively quickly especially seeing as you are in london.

Hope this helps :thumbsup:

Top Bottom