Wanted: Clamp on downtube cable stops

Discussion in 'Wanted' started by Chris-H, 19 Jul 2012.

1. Chris-H

Chris-H Über Member

Cant find a uk stockist etc for the above,i've just got myself an old 80's steelie with downtube friction shifters,now i've never been a fan of these as the idea of trying to find a gear one handed at speed seems to indicate disaster not being far away.I have fitted some stem shifters i had in the spares drawer and i know i did have the cable stop too but alas its vanished.
    So........does anyone have a bolt on downtube outer cable stop for sale please or know of somewhere i can get one?

2. Manonabike

Manonabike Über Member

Did you check SJS website? They are good with those difficult to find stuff

3. OP
    OP
    Chris-H

Chris-H Über Member

Just checked sjs out,cheers for that,however i cant seem to find any band on cable stops:sad: The original shifters were band on so theres no bosses or braze ons on the frame,i thought this would've been a simple thing to find but is proving anything but.

4. Ian H

Ian H Guru

The band on lever bosses should take normal cable stops with adjusters.

5. robgul

robgul Guru

Get and old band-on lever set and some downtube stops (that SJS sell) - remove levers and then bolt the stops on with a thin headed bolt from the inside and a low-profile aeronut on the outside .. cut/file the bolt flush to to nut. That's it! Works well and looks fine - my solution on 2 or 3 of my bikes

Rob

6. OP
    OP
    Chris-H

Chris-H Über Member

Cheers for the info everyone,am now using my existing band with some new stops ordered from sjs:thumbsup:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice