Wanted: Cycling buddy near Chester

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bianco

Hi Guys, sounding a little desperate here.

Just moved from South Yorkshire(seeya Gambatte) to Hawarden in North Wales.

Finding it a little motivated to get out these winter months and looking for a buddy around Mold, Ewloe, Broughton, Saltney etc.. to motivate/help with my motivation and to go cycling with.

Got no friends at the moments so this really is a last(v. desperate) resort.

I enjoy road biking and in my prime last summer(first summer cycling) I used to do 60 miles on a Sunday, so please, HELP ME.

Thanks in advance to anyone who offers.

Martin

Tynan

Veteran
any local cycling club or something like that?

and good luck, without sounding patronising, well done for being so brave/open/honest

OP
OP
B

bianco

I've had a look around the "local" cycling groups and they're in excess of 15 miles away from my research, but I'd happily be proven wrong.

I think that's a little far to travel to do a potential 50-70 miles.

Thanks for support

girofan

:sad: Or Wrexham CC?

If you have a car and want to sling your bike in the back, you would be most welcome to ride with our group in Oswestry on Sunday and Tuesday mornings. If you send me a PM I will give you details.
Perhaps it's a bit too far though B)

OP
OP
B

bianco

Thanks for the offer girofan, unfortunately I can't drive otherwise I would take you up on the offer.

Chris James

Über Member
bianco said:
I've had a look around the "local" cycling groups and they're in excess of 15 miles away from my research, but I'd happily be proven wrong.

I think that's a little far to travel to do a potential 50-70 miles.

Thanks for support

Where are Deeside Olympic based? From the blurb it sounds like Queensferry. That is only a couple of miles down the road from you surely? Lots of clubs do runs from the Two Mills crossroads too.

Failing that, Chester Road Club meet in Handbridge - the Welsh side of Chester although their club runs seem to go from Upton (North) or Saighton (South).

cyclebum

Chris James;road from you surely? Lots of clubs do runs from the Two Mills crossroads too. .[/quote said:
I wondered wether this was still the case, when I was little every time we past here, my Dad would say how he often met up with groups there in his youth to go cycling, he's 80 this year!

PeteB99

iain said:

Yes go down to the Eureka on a Saturday or Sunday morning and ask around - They're friendly enough. There are some groups that gather at Christleton pond on the other side of the city on sunday morning - I think they are probably the local CTC - worth looking on their webpage for the local contacts - in the summer they used to do a Wednesday evening ride starting from the town hall as well.

cyclebum

I'll have to tell my Dad when I see him tomorrow (he's in hospital at the moment and his mobility is greatly reduced these days). Saddly I have decided to shy away from clubs (partly as my local one kept ignoring my pleading e-mails) as I doubt I could keep up the pace and I don't want to be left behind ;)

Top Bottom