Wanted - Kirk Precision - anything considered

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Specialeyes
I did the light fettling mentioned above but got a bit carried away, adding all the late 80s / early 90s innovations I had, in keeping with the 'Tomorrow's World' spirit of the age. It's now the 2-wheeled equivalent of Judith Hann in a shell suit using a BBC B while listening to Wham! and I love it.

'Upgrades' include:
  • L-shaped cranks
  • Campagnolo Biodinamica insulated aero bottle - massive external volume, just enough room inside for half a Kia-Ora
  • Ergo bars

I took the bike for a ride back to the Kirk Precision Ltd factory in Basildon which, very much in keeping with the pioneering spirit of the 1980s, was based on a new-town, zoned industrial estate. But, at least it's still vibrant and working as originally designed. Not everything from the 80s was pants.

Then on to Laindon Town Centre which was built around the same time and which, in its current form, will be outlasted by my little magnesium bike.

Precision 01.jpg Precision 03.jpg Precision 02.jpg

FishFright

More wheels than sense
That is brilliant , I want one !

chriscross1966

Über Member
I did the light fettling mentioned above but got a bit carried away, adding all the late 80s / early 90s innovations I had, in keeping with the 'Tomorrow's World' spirit of the age. It's now the 2-wheeled equivalent of Judith Hann in a shell suit using a BBC B while listening to Wham! and I love it.

'Upgrades' include:
  • L-shaped cranks
  • Campagnolo Biodinamica insulated aero bottle - massive external volume, just enough room inside for half a Kia-Ora
  • Ergo bars

I took the bike for a ride back to the Kirk Precision Ltd factory in Basildon which, very much in keeping with the pioneering spirit of the 1980s, was based on a new-town, zoned industrial estate. But, at least it's still vibrant and working as originally designed. Not everything from the 80s was pants.

Then on to Laindon Town Centre which was built around the same time and which, in its current form, will be outlasted by my little magnesium bike.

View attachment 461097 View attachment 461098 View attachment 461099

Is that the one GCN had on recently?... if so, "Hat!"

OP
OP
Specialeyes
I have, yes :okay:

And picked up another frame :whistle:

I'm also wondering whether it's too mad for RetroRonde... as in non-traditional (although old enough) and therefore out of keeping. Thoughts?

Top Bottom