Wanted.....mechanical disk brake calipers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

baz4610

Hi all............as title suggests I'm looking for some mechanical disk brake calipers for my road bike project.....anything considered

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Hi!
I have got a complete set of mechanical disk brakes, levers, calipers, disks and pads included.
They came off my Genesis Tour De Fer, after 300 miles of use.
WARNING: I changed them to hydraulic because they don't brake!
Never did stop me from new, never did with the "embedding" the lbs kept telling me the system needs.
You can have the whole lot for nothing, just pay postage, which at a guess should be around a fiver.
According to Google the set up I'm offering you can be had new for around £25.
I was waiting for somebody to need it for a project before I take it to the local recycle-a-bike :smile:
PM me with your details if you want this. :hello:

EDIT on 25/07/17: now taken by another, local member. Who is not fast is last ^_^

Last edited:
I have two sets. A Tektro mechanical set and a cable actuated hydraulic chinese set which are sold on eBay and pretty good.

I also have a set of secondary brake levers if required.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I probably have half a set! My CAADX had Promax Render R mechanical disk brakes front and rear. I was not impressed with the performance of the front brake so I replaced it with a TRP Hy-Rd which is a lot better.

The original rear brake was powerful enough to lock the rear wheel so I left that on.

I don't think that I chucked the old front brake. As I mentioned above - I wouldn't use it as a front brake, but it should be okay for a rear. If you would like it, you can have it if I can find it. Cost? Postage will do - make a donation of £3 (or more) to Oldfentiger's Parkinson's fundraiser. I'll search for it tomorrow in case you are interested.

Top Bottom