Wanted - old 531 bike or frame

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Big Bren

I'm looking for an old 531 bike or frame for a fixie project. It needs to be relatively small - 50cm or below. Ideally I'm after a Raleigh, but that's not essential.

I'm prepared to pay a fair price for the right bike.

I have a smalled frame Sid Motram(?) frame which I think is 501.

When I get the time I'll dig it out of the shed and check it for size etc.

Is there any rush for a suitable frame, Big Bren?

ASC1951

Guru
Big Bren said:
I'm looking for an old 531 bike or frame for a fixie project. It needs to be relatively small - 50cm or below.
Any interest in my old frame, Bren? I sent you a PM.

If not, I'll take it round to the tip.

Lord of the Teapot said:
I have a smalled frame Sid Motram(?) frame which I think is 501.

When I get the time I'll dig it out of the shed and check it for size etc.

Is there any rush for a suitable frame, Big Bren?

Aarrgghh!! that's a Leicester made frame and needs to be in the heritage collection!

We have 531 frames at Cyclemagic and can surely sort something out so that the Mottram comes here and a decent frame goes to big Bren

Zoiders

Hilldodger said:
Aarrgghh!! that's a Leicester made frame and needs to be in the heritage collection!

We have 531 frames at Cyclemagic and can surely sort something out so that the Mottram comes here and a decent frame goes to big Bren
Just to make you sick Roger old chap

A chap gave usa 27" wheeled Mercian at back2bikes last week

I asked him if he was sure but he didnt bat an eyelid, said it was worth nowt and he wasnt intrested in ebaying it

Oh, we had a hobbs as well from the late 40s, and we also have a 50s viking with bar end shifters:evil:

Zoiders said:
Just to make you sick Roger old chap

A chap gave usa 27" wheeled Mercian at back2bikes last week

I asked him if he was sure but he didnt bat an eyelid, said it was worth nowt and he wasnt intrested in ebaying it

Oh, we had a hobbs as well from the late 40s, and we also have a 50s viking with bar end shifters:evil:

Not sick at all - we have such stuff all the time and I was recently given a very original 1936 Raleigh Record Ace:smile: We're always being given trikes, recumbents, tandems etc. Oh, and we had a Mercian in a few weeks ago - didn't even need cleaning:smile:

But, a Leicester made bike or frame really should end up in the Cycle Heritage Leicester collection:sad:

Zoiders

Someone gave us an old box full of bike and lathe bits

I found a Sturmey Archer ASC 3 speed fixed hub in it...which was nice

We havent built it in to a wheel yet as we have all the parts but an operating rod which was a funny length compared to the normal sturmeys

Zoiders said:
Someone gave us an old box full of bike and lathe bits

I found a Sturmey Archer ASC 3 speed fixed hub in it...which was nice

We havent built it in to a wheel yet as we have all the parts but an operating rod which was a funny length compared to the normal sturmeys

Best not to tell too many people about the stuff we get or more people might be after it;)

Tabs27

Big Bren said:
I'm looking for an old 531 bike or frame for a fixie project. It needs to be relatively small - 50cm or below. Ideally I'm after a Raleigh, but that's not essential.

I'm prepared to pay a fair price for the right bike.

Hi I Have an OLD Elswick with a 531 frame if you're interested let me know

peanut

Hilldodger said:
Best not to tell too many people about the stuff we get or more people might be after it;)

tooo late I'm afraid;):laugh:

Can i have a Hobbs please.... canna canna... huh ? go on :biggrin:

My Dad's first job in 1941 after leaving school was to work in Hobbs at the Barbican He got called up shortly afterwards. Always wanted to get a Hobbs before my old man falls off the perch.
He's 87 now so I'd better get my skates on;)

Top Bottom