Wanted - Trail Gator tag along

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hi,

I'm after a trail gator tag along in the hope of giving my daughter more opportunity to ride on her own while not sacrificing going on rides together.

Anyone got one in a shed they're happy to sell (and post to North Manchester) ?

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
@Black Sheep What about a TREK Mountain Train tag a long - not quite the same. I'm Stockport, so not far. Excellent condition.

OP
OP
Black Sheep
Hi Fossyant, thanks for the offer, we've got a weeride tagalong which we've had good use out of.

The day I made this post I'd walked about 2 miles pushing her bike in order to get to the park, then feed the ducks, back to the park and home again!

All the while thinking "wish I could just tow her on the bike and let her off on her own in the park" :biggrin:

Tom B

Guru
Out of curiosity how old is your daughter... I'm contemplating the next step for my monster after the bike baby seat.

I take the lad to nursery on the bike then take of the seat and continue to work, so ideally I need something that leaves as little as possible on my bike.

OP
OP
Black Sheep
Hi @Tom B sorry for the late reply, been away for family crisis reasons. my daughter (often referred to as black lamb) is currently six and a half

Each child is different, two years ago we went on a family holiday to Guernsey with my parents, they drove, we flew so had no transport. We hired bikes and a tag-along (the same tagalong that Fossyant offered) so black lamb was four and a half and she enjoyed it and showed that she would stay sat with feet on pedals and holding the bars which gave me the confidence to buy one once we'd got home.

They're not too bad to tow without a rider on although you may not wish to do so, but are perhaps more suited to recreational cycling rather than continuing on the commute, they do fold however taking up a space not much different to a pushchair - our nursery was happy for people to leave pushchairs, they may be happy for you to leave a folded tagalong?

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
By coincidence, my daughter is looking for a Tagalong, too!
If there's a spare one going, with @Black Sheep having first dibs, I'll be happy to buy it, please..

OP
OP
Black Sheep
Pete, I've got a tagalong, but we're expecting to get another year's use out of it before letting it go
I'm hoping to find a trail gator that allows us to tow a kids bike giving more flexibility on rides.

PeteXXX

The one she's after is to tow grandson along on his bike (with his front wheel off the ground)

OP
OP
Black Sheep
Ah, sounds like your daughter is after a Trail Gator like I am then.

By coincidence, my daughter is looking for a Tagalong, too!
If there's a spare one going, with @Black Sheep having first dibs, I'll be happy to buy it, please..

If you don't mind heading to Witchford (or if you're in the area), the recycling centre just off Lancaster Way has a trail buddy for sale for £30. It's been there for a while, so it may need a bit of fettling. You don't need to pre-book to get into the tip though you may need to queue, and can register on the website to reserve the item - not obliged to buy.

http://witchford.revivemarketplace.com/#/product/4c59

product_img_20200111_5e19c29acbcd1-800x390.jpg

PeteXXX

@Reynard thanks for that.. I might have the name of what she wants wrong. Its a bar thingy that connects from her seat post to his own bike. It lifts his front wheel off the ground so he can pedal, and coast, but not steer.

@Reynard thanks for that.. I might have the name of what she wants wrong. Its a bar thingy that connects from her seat post to his own bike. It lifts his front wheel off the ground so he can pedal, and coast, but not steer.

Oh yeah, I know the ones you mean. :okay: I've seen a fair few in Cambridge when I've been out and about. It's just that this one stuck in my head after seeing it still at the tip when I went to pick up the bike I reserved on Friday.

Top Bottom