Wanted very cheap or free HRM

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

eldudino

Bike Fluffer
I'm looking for a heart rate monitor to help my weight loss, I'm on a calorie controlled diet and I need to eat the extra calories I use to sustain a steady rate of loss and at the moment I'm guessing based on the info provided by the diet website. I feel it's a bit high though so I wouldn't mind a HRM to see what I actually burn to make sure I'm not eating too much or too little.

Sorry to say it must be cheap or free (free preferably:smile:) as my wife's maternity pay has just come to an end!

PpPete

Legendary Member
I've a old Cardiosport one that I rarely use. Cost about £25 IIRC
£10 posted.

OP
OP
eldudino

eldudino

Bike Fluffer
porkypete said:
I've a old Cardiosport one that I rarely use. Cost about £25 IIRC
£10 posted.

Could you send me a model no. or spec on it? Is it in ok condition? And does it have a chest strap or is it one that works off your pulse? Oh, and does it give a calorie burned count? Sorry about all the Q's!

I beleive either Lidl or Aldi recently had some in at a very reasonable price, from what I have been told they are quite good. This was a few weeks back but you may still find one, worth a try.

OP
OP
eldudino

eldudino

Bike Fluffer
addictfreak said:
I beleive either Lidl or Aldi recently had some in at a very reasonable price, from what I have been told they are quite good. This was a few weeks back but you may still find one, worth a try.

I went on the day and they'd all gone :biggrin:, ebay sellers :biggrin:

Shrimp_Stu

Pick up a copy of Cycling Weekly and start a subscription and they are offering a free HRM. Although, its basically not free at least its a good read :blush:

PpPete

Legendary Member
eldudino said:
Could you send me a model no. or spec on it?
No clue on model number - it was their basic model a couple of years ago.

eldudino said:
And does it have a chest strap ?
Yes - with replaceable battery (CR2032) which was why I chose this after non replaceable battery on Polar chest strap died.

eldudino said:
does it give a calorie burned count?
I don't think so.
Apart from numerical read on HR you can set various zones and this little quadrant thing tells you wether you are in Red/Amber or Green Zones.

Oh and it's got a stopwatch facility.

OP
OP
eldudino

eldudino

Bike Fluffer
Ah, I'm specifically after one with calorie count, thanks for the offer though!

goo_mason

Champion barbed-wire hurdler
Tel said:
I got that same one for £5 in one of their sales :rolleyes:

I got one back at the start of the year fom Tesco, but I haven't been able to suss out how to use it properly. The instructions are a bit vague. How do you enter your max heart rate so that you can then accurately work in those "% of max HR" that exercise plans constantly bang on about ?

Top Bottom