[WANTED] Your old, disused wheelset.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
I'm building a singlespeed / beater commuter for a friend as a thirtieth birthday present and I'm really struggling to find a pair of wheels that are within budget. As long as the wheels are 700c and reasonably true it doesn't hugely matter what sort of condition they're in. This is a bike I'm building for a friend who is fed up of having his Triban3 nicked / interfered with (he lives in that there London) and yearns for something a lot less shiny to get himself around town.

Do you have a wheelset in the back of the shed that you haven't used for years and keep meaning to do something with? I do have a (small) budget :smile:

Tim Hall

I can help with a front. Reasonable nick, although it did get thrown down the road when I was taken roughly from behind on a roundabout. Might have a rear too, but I need to look in the SEECRIT BUNKER.

OP
OP
Andrew_Culture

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
@Andrew_Culture What OLN for the rear? Freewheel or freehub?

Freehub ideally.

DiddlyDodds

Random Resident
I have an old set of Mavis open pro wheels I will never use.
The rear wheel has individual sprockets rather than a cassette and are totally knackered
The wheels are fine and are pretty true from what I remember
Your for free just pay what it costs for postage if you want them

Last edited:
OP
OP
Andrew_Culture

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
I have an old set of Mavis open pro wheels I will never use.
The rear wheel has individual sprockets rather than a cassette and are totally knackered
The wheels are fine and are pretty true from what I remember
Your for free just pay what it costs for postage if you want them

Thanks for the offer, but I'm (perhaps optimistically) after a rear wheel with a freehub as I already have half the parts I need.

Top Bottom