Warm evenings brining out the Homicidal maniacs.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Porcia

Tried to do my 1-mile loops ride tonight, too many Homicidal maniacs out there. First one was a van driver, overtook me as I was trying to execute a right turn, he had to go completely on the opposite side of the road. Then 2 BMW SUV things tried to drive into me, at which point I gave up and came home after 3 loops.
I run a Camera for all the good it does, as Kent Police are probably the worst force in the country for cyclists, and I only hope that when I'm killed by some driver they will know who did it.

Slick

Guru
Obviously your last sentence is kinda sad, as I don't think its an inevitability by any stretch of the imagination. That said, I'm sure you met your fair share of idiots tonight, hopefully tomorrow night's ride will be better. :okay:

postman

Legendary Member
We have just been to Ikea Leeds,which by the way it is not,it has a WF postal code,WF 17,which is Batley and i do believe its actually Birstall,anyway i digress,we encountered crap driving from Audi's and BMW's.Why is it nobheads get these types of car.

toffee

Guru
Tried to do my 1-mile loops ride tonight, too many Homicidal maniacs out there. First one was a van driver, overtook me as I was trying to execute a right turn, he had to go completely on the opposite side of the road. Then 2 BMW SUV things tried to drive into me, at which point I gave up and came home after 3 loops.
I run a Camera for all the good it does, as Kent Police are probably the worst force in the country for cyclists, and I only hope that when I'm killed by some driver they will know who did it.

If it is any consolidation the nutters also do it to cars, vans and lorries. I am thinking of the white van that overtook us on the A10 today (we were in a car) then nearly took out out the artic in front of us as he over took it into on coming traffic. The thing is, we went pass him while he was queuing to turn right at the next island some 5 miles down the road.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
Doesnt anyone come across their fair share of cycling idiots? I certainly do. The latest breed are those who wear those massive headphones while texting on the phone. They cannot see or hear anything. There are lots of them. Its not just the idiots in cars that come out in the good weather.

Brandane

Legendary Member
Doesnt anyone come across their fair share of cycling idiots? I certainly do. The latest breed are those who wear those massive headphones while texting on the phone. They cannot see or hear anything. There are lots of them. Its not just the idiots in cars that come out in the good weather.

Difference being, they're only likely to hurt themselves.

Brandane

Legendary Member
Never mind, the world will be a much safer place once they have a crackdown on the national plague that is "killer cyclists" :rolleyes:. I wonder how the statistics compare with the deaths caused by motor vehicles, currently causing an average of about 5 deaths every day in the UK...

IMG-20220806-WA0000.jpg

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
Difference being, they're only likely to hurt themselves.

Not when they start riding into other cyclists and pedestrians they're not. Its no comfort to a driver when you explain after he has ran him over. "Its ok. He only hurt himself".

Brandane

Legendary Member
Not when they start riding into other cyclists and pedestrians they're not. Its no comfort to a driver when you explain after he has ran him over. "Its ok. He only hurt himself".

Personally, I think I would feel somewhat less guilty about hitting a cyclist with a car if it was down to the twattish behaviour of the cyclist, rather than a mistake on my part.
As for cyclists running into other cyclists and pedestrians, I can't say I've heard of that being much of a problem. But I live in an area where cyclists are quite a rare breed....

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
Never mind, the world will be a much safer place once they have a crackdown on the national plague that is "killer cyclists" :rolleyes:. I wonder how the statistics compare with the deaths caused by motor vehicles, currently causing an average of about 5 deaths every day in the UK...

View attachment 655967

A very dramatic head line. To get attention. It worked. You know the rest is going to be mostly dross. But if you are an anti cyclist every word is true. Some cyclists view car related headlines just the same. Its a pointless attitude because its a never ending circle that both groups feed into. If they are trying to make some cyclists more responsible to avoid cycle related deaths. Maybe cyclists should step outside the circle and support it.

toffee

Guru
A very dramatic head line. To get attention. It worked. You know the rest is going to be mostly dross. But if you are an anti cyclist every word is true. Some cyclists view car related headlines just the same. Its a pointless attitude because its a never ending circle that both groups feed into. If they are trying to make some cyclists more responsible to avoid cycle related deaths. Maybe cyclists should step outside the circle and support it.

No problem supporting it, just would like the same emphasis put on prosecuting errant motor vehicle drivers.

Top Bottom