Warm feet :)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

geo

I went out for a 40 mile ride this morning in a chilly wind (although not freezing) I normally suffer with cold feet and hands. Well I'm pleased to report 50% of my cold problem has been fixed. On the advice of a fellow CCer I invested in some Assos fugu S7 socks (£15 ) and added some Castelli Diluvio over shoes its definately a winning combination for my feet ^_^ toes were warm from start to finish the only thing I'm not sure of is which of the 2 bits of kit played the biggest part in keeping my feet toastie.

yello

I'm not sure of is which of the 2 bits of kit played the biggest part in keeping my feet toastie.

Call it equal measure! I personally am a fan of layering, reckoning 2 separate layers will often perform better than a single, thicker layer. I'd probably even extend that to feet; I reckon my woolie boolie + overshoes combo can be warmer than my winter boots... but it's difficult to compare in fairness.

A problem I do have sometimes with my feet is sweat chilling. It's almost counter intuitive too. If I have too thick a pair of socks on then my feat sweat, the sweat chills and my feet get cold. It's better for me to go for a thinner sock and overshoes. Layering again. It's a trial and error thing, and trying to judge what the temperature's doing.

It's a great feeling when you get it right though eh? ;)

Reactions: geo
Top Bottom