Warm?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Assos is the brand. They are good but perhaps not that good as a single required clothing item.
Their marketing pictures are generally quite tough on one particular guy. He keeps his sunglasses on to preserve some semblance of anonymity:

p235_T_FIUnoLogo_1_4.jpg

Looks like he's trying one of those new stealth toilets.

Too bad he forgot to remove his bibs.

PaulB

Legendary Member
Assos is the brand. They are good but perhaps not that good

I disagree that they are good at all. I bought two Assos items, assuming the cost reflected their quality but that never works out. They are no better than most other well-known brands so why people pay double, and more, the price for Assos than for other brands can only be down to a bit of brand snobbishness. To my cost, I learned that the bib-shorts I bought wore through in the expected places at approximately the same rate as a similar garment from Gore and later, a similar garment from Castelli. It's style over functionality, in my experience.

thom

____
I disagree that they are good at all. I bought two Assos items, assuming the cost reflected their quality but that never works out. They are no better than most other well-known brands so why people pay double, and more, the price for Assos than for other brands can only be down to a bit of brand snobbishness. To my cost, I learned that the bib-shorts I bought wore through in the expected places at approximately the same rate as a similar garment from Gore and later, a similar garment from Castelli. It's style over functionality, in my experience.
A lot of my kit is Assos. It is lovely. I take care to wash it on the appropriate setting and it lasts a long time. I like it a lot ;-)
But the point of this thread is perhaps not to debate the quality of the brand but the humorous aspect of their advertising....

Top Bottom