Warning regarding www.lakelandadventurer.com

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Be warned, my experience with the ave site/company is not good.

On 4th February I placed an order with them for two pairs of Ron Hill Bikesters (26 pounds each)
On 5th February the money left my account
On 8th February the order was updated, and an email sent to state that they were 'awaiting shipment'.
To date nothing further has happened, and I've had to resort to making a complaint to the credit card company to get my money back.

The phone number shown on their website is permanently engaged.
There is no facility to email them directly.
I have left two messages on their websites 'contact form' which show in my history, but have never received a reply.

The payment was sent to an account under the heading 'Olypmus Products', but the website shows no other mention of this name, so I'm now wondering if it's completely dodgy.

I also note that the term 'awaiting shipment' is wonderfully ambiguous. What, waiting to ship them to me, or waiting of a shipment from the supplier? A question I'll never get answered.

I'd advise people to steer well clear. Serves me right for trying to save a couple of quid on the amazon price I suppose.

BSRU

A Human Being
I do not know if this helps but a DNS search on the website comes up with this information, with a phone number for David Holland, who ever that is:

Domain Name: LAKELANDADVENTURER.COM
Date Created: Wed 06-July-2011
Date Expires: Sat 06-July-2013
Nameserver: ns1.bigcommerce.com
Nameserver: ns2.bigcommerce.com
Registrant Name: david holland
Registrant Company: Olympus Products
Registrant Address: Windermere House 1 Peart Road
Registrant Address:
Registrant Address:
Registrant Address: Workington
Registrant Address: Cumbria
Registrant Address: CA14 3YT
Registrant Address: United Kingdom
Administrative Name: david holland
Administrative Company: Olympus Products
Administrative Address: Windermere House 1 Peart Road
Administrative Address:
Administrative Address:
Administrative Address: Workington
Administrative Address: Cumbria
Administrative Address: CA14 3YT
Administrative Address: United Kingdom
Administrative E-Mail: &size=9&color=0000FF&bgcolor=FFFFFF&format[]=underline&format[]=transparent&format[]=transparent.png
Administrative Tel: +44.190066200

Attachments

• &size=9&color=0000FF&bgcolor=FFFFFF&format[]=underline&format[]=transparent&format[]=transparent.png
    &size=9&color=0000FF&bgcolor=FFFFFF&format[]=underline&format[]=transparent&format[]=transparent.png
    558 bytes · Views: 38
OP
OP
CopperCyclist

CopperCyclist

Veteran
Thankfully paid by credit card, so should be covered that way - or so I'm led to believe! I've completed the 'dispute' form required by the CC company and sent it off yesterday.

Troels

I specifically made an account here because I found through google that I wasn't the only one experiencing this.

I too placed ordered on www.lakelandadventurer.com in February and similar things happened (or rather didn't happen, that's sort of the point).

Quick order confirmation, money gone from account a day later, but no items sent and I can't get a response from them.

They do have a "direct contact link", though. It's sales@olympusproducts.co.uk, but no luck there either for me.

Will have to dispute the transaction as well. And I didn't even order there to save money, but only because they were the only ones I could find who supposedly had what I wanted :/

rollinstok

This company also sells on ebay under the name... david-cumbria
I recently ordered a Camelbak bottle off them and paid instantly through paypal, 9 days later it was still not marked as posted. I had to send several messages through ebay asking when it would be shipped to get this response... " it should be posted in the next few days "
I did get refunded eventually after a lot of hassle. When I looked at their feedback they have a reputation for selling items that arent in stock, in other words they take your money then order the goods in while you wait--and wait

Buyer111113

Hi everyone. Let's get this forum page to the top of google for Lakeland Adventurer so we can warn other people.
I too had a bad experience. They are uncontactable. Phone line is left off the hook. Emails are ignored.
But I've done some research. Its basically two guys - Ian Spedding, and David Holland, both based in the CA13 area and operating several different businesses including Torches and Batteries, Electroshed, Derwent Valley Electrical Ltd, Olympus Technology ltd, Olympus products ltd, Lakeland Adventurer and a couple I'm not sure about - J&D marketing and TC Thompson cleaning (these appear at the same address).d. The eBay pages are of course lakelandaventurer and david-cumbria. Effectively they're operating at least 4 different businesses and several different websites plus the eBay operations. There could be many more.

Clearly they're very, very dodgy. They appear to distribute electrical/electronic equipment mostly. The Lakeland Adventurer stuff seems to be completely fabricated but I can't confirm that. It seems extremely odd for two guys to operate an electrical store and a huge outdoors store in the same building.

Hopefully this information helps some people. Would be interested to hear if anyone else has had experiences or thoughts on this.

rollinstok

I got a message from ebay about the bottle I ordered advising me not to pay or to raise a claim if I had already paid.
He is no longer a registered user. His feedback for just last month was 70+ good, 20ish neutral and 38 negative.
I'm glad mine got sorted in the end and hope everyone else gets fully refunded for goods not received

Liverbhoy

Like Troels i made an account here as i ordered something from www.lakelandadventurer.com on 27th March and have not received the goods. i have tried to contact the company with no response and have waited well over the 1 hour in which they aim to respond, in fact I've waited over 480 hours. Other people should be aware of this website/company and i have contacted BBC watchdog please don't hesitate to contact them yourself with your story.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/watchdog/gotastory/

Jan Lavis

I ordered a camlebak from Lakeland adventurer in Feb 2012 and I like others received no replies to emails when I started querying delivery. It did arrive after about 10days however. The camelbak became faulty in June and I had to return it. I rang them on 01900 825326 (now gone from their website) to ask about returning it and amazingly it was answered by someone called David. He had to think about it though when I asked if that was Lakeland Adventurer. He apologised for the faulty camelbak and gave me an address to return it to of Town Hall, Market Street, Cockermouth CA13 9NP. I returned it by recorded delivery and it was signed for by S Brown. I heard nothing for three & half weeks and the phone number sounded like a fax machine and was never answered. I was about to write it off as a bad job but then got an email from david@olympusproducts.co.uk; on behalf of; David Holland sales@lakelandadventurer.com apologising for the delay but it was due to the camelbak factory being on shutdown!! They should have replaced the item and sorted it out with camelbak later but they obviously dont stock anything, just wait for orders. Eventually the replacement arrived after 4 weeks. So to sum up, Lakeland Adventurer obviously exist although I am dubious as to what the reality of their buisness is. I would be interested to know if they actually have a shop in Cockermouth. Shocking company, dreadful customer service, I wouldn't recommend ordering anything from them.

Top Bottom