Warrington to bath in a day

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

billfoster

Am new to road riding but am long time MTB. Recently completed the Mancheter 100 mile ride on the aforementioned MTB. Have recently aquired a pretty cool road bike and fancy training for a run down to Bath from My home in Warrington (180 miles). Anyone any experience of doing that run or can offer any tips much appreciated.
Others must have done it as it looks as though you get on the A49 and don't stop.
One way, return by road or rail.

Bath, Bath.......there be hills in that there direction. I don't see any reason why you couldn't do it. What do they reckon, mileage increase of 10% a week or in running terms don't do a run greater than your total weekly mileage.

I' m not sure I'd want to do the A49 though. Trunk route isn't it? Not enjoyable. I'd pick a different route but that's just me.

Welcome to the forum by the way, hope you enjoy it and the roadbike. Don't think I'd fancy a 100 miles on a mtn. bike, so hats off to you.

OP
OP
B

billfoster

Bath Reasons for:

My sister lives in Bath and so the plan in general would be to get down on a Friday, travel back one way or the other on the following Sunday, depending on how I fare possibly even cycle the return. I quite like the idea of it being from the mouth of the Mersey/Dee to the mouth of the Severn/Avon and the entire length of Wales. Thanks for your comments, I'll get rolling.

stevenb

What time are you setting off and expecting to arrive?
I would have thought it'd be dark when you got there....and only just light when you set off.....plus all those stops for refuelling, toilet breaks etc.
Sounds like agreat challenge though. :biggrin:
Best of luck :smile:

Top Bottom