Warrington

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cyclist33

Photo1008.jpg

Photo1003.jpg

Manonabike

Über Member
Nice!!!!

Used to work in sunny Warrington in the 90's and I have good memories of the place.

OP
OP
Cyclist33

Cyclist33

where is warrington?

looks lovely

LOL, amazing what you can do with a mobile phone and Picture Manager these days!! And they say the camera never lies!

Only kidding -- some parts of and around Warrington are absolutely beautiful, others bleak, post-industrial townland. This bit was not a particular honeypot but the snow and composition makes it nicer ;-)

Stu

e-rider

crappy member
So, google maps tells me it's between Liverpool and Manchester - yeah probably not book next years holiday in Warrington!

No I wouldn't bother tundragumski, I live there too! I've taken some pictures of the snow in Warrington too. It was about 5" up where I live which is just on the edge of the countryside, a bit further out of town than Cyclist33.

By the way C33, do you still want those magazines? There there for you when you're ready, no problems.

L1030854.JPG L1030859.JPG

More pictures of snowy Warrington! This is in Birchwood Park and I struggled coming back a different way because of the deep snow.

The photo with the two people walking shows in the distance the filled in ammunition bunkers because this park is part of the site of Risley Ordnance Factory during the war.

OP
OP
Cyclist33

Cyclist33

Yeah Campfire, where I am we had that burst of thick snow yesterday evening too. Cue a two hour snowball battle with my neighbours last night, and Buckton the Snowman whom we built this afternoon.

Magswise, yeah I'll deffo come get but not until Thawed Britain begins lol.

Stu

Don't expect you to C33, I would bring them for you if you want but I think you might want to look at my recumbent hey? If you want them urgently let me know your address as my Mum lives not far from you - you could come and look at the recumbent another time if you want.

I had to keep stopping on the way home yesterday - large Carradice shopping pannier full of stuff & couple litres of milk & soya stuff for my son & GF who were returning from hot climes with no groceries, bags either side of the seat etc. A bit of asthma too and no inhaler to take. Must be a wimp but it probably gave me a great workout though. Did enjoy it though and remembered to dry the chain off when I got home.

OP
OP
Cyclist33

Cyclist33

Hehe, absolutely spot on on all counts!

I think I'm going on foot for the next week or so. I came off last week already on the ice and I don't think it's gonna get any easier!

Stu

Top Bottom