Was here then wasn’t then is

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
:welcome:
Mods PM on its way :smile:

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
Welcome back. Why do you have a photo of George Brassens as your avatar?

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
No scandal or bad behaviour to my knowledge but he was an anarchist. He was also a fantastic song writer and had a way of using words. His knowledge of the French language was extraordinary and created a sensation when his song " Le gorille " came out in 1952, way ahead of its time. Great artist who sadly died of cancer.

OP
OP
Handlebar Moustache

Handlebar Moustache

No scandal or bad behaviour to my knowledge but he was an anarchist. He was also a fantastic song writer and had a way of using words. His knowledge of the French language was extraordinary and created a sensation when his song " Le gorille " came out in 1952, way ahead of its time. Great artist who sadly died of cancer.

Indeed - that’s what I knew about him. My French is Ok so I’m only getting some of what he wrote / sang but it’s enough to know he was a pretty extraordinary wordsmith

OP
OP
Handlebar Moustache

Handlebar Moustache

And yes, Le Gorille is hilarious but also (and I totally agree) anti-death penalty. Is it true his song Fernande basically killed it as a name in France?

Top Bottom