Was it something I said?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Enjoy the trip Skolly. Hope the lads love it too. Think you have the best decision to go up tonight. Going to be chaos tomorrow seeing today's coverage.

I got dragged round Cheshire Oaks, but did watch it bits of it on my phone. Tomorrow I shall be watching to Tour at the caravan. If the wifi is pants, I'll go to the pub....

D

Deleted member 1258

Spoilt for choice, Le Tour, Grand Prix and the Tennis Final, and I'm still getting the bike out this morning to go for a ride.

OP
OP
I like Skol

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
@I like Skol Are you back yet :whistle:

Hope you had a fab time. Looked mental on the telly. How was the 'party' last night.
upload_2014-7-6_21-41-0.png

upload_2014-7-6_21-41-38.png

Our mate @YahudaMoon arrived on his fixed gear :eek:
upload_2014-7-6_21-42-52.png

No camping? Yeah right!
upload_2014-7-6_21-50-32.png

upload_2014-7-6_21-38-58.png

upload_2014-7-6_21-39-52.png

OP
OP
I like Skol

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
It was mad busy by the time the caravan arrived....
upload_2014-7-6_21-55-27.png

Big screen entertainment in the car park
upload_2014-7-6_21-52-46.png

Prime spot
upload_2014-7-6_21-54-3.png

All a bit too much for some...
upload_2014-7-6_21-56-37.png

OP
OP
I like Skol

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Just got back from a Holme Moss revisit :thumbsup: Rode from Ashton over the Isle-o-sky to Digley Reservoir before climbing the Moss from the Holmefirth side. Enjoyed the ride and the climb wasn't too bad but a stiff headwind prevented me getting a good speed when dropping down towards Crowden, nearly hit 48mph, was hoping for 50+. About halfway up the Moss climb someone has painted RULE 5 across the road which made me chuckle.... I'm trying!

Also got a bit of a buzz when riding across my own name on the road near the summit (even though I painted it there myself :whistle:).

Lots of other cyclists in the area, I think the TdF legacy will live on for quite a while. It was fortunate for two ageing MAMiLs that I was passing through because just as they started to climb away from Digley Res one was crunching his gears and then promptly laid his chain down in the road :laugh:. I pulled up and offered assistance which was just as well because he had "one of those chain link thingies" but no chain splitter to remove the damaged side plates and no clue about what to do. I had him patched up and on his way in just a few minutes and declined the offer of a cuppa at the café in Holme village.

Top Bottom