Was This Deliberate and Did Being a Former Police Officer Make a Difference?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Hes not one of their own. Once you're out the door they wouldn't waste a bucket of piss on you if you caught fire.

Totally the car drivers fault. Nevertheless, some piss poor roadcraft fro the rider. Watching it again, I could anticiptate what was going to happen a full 10 seconds before it did, and there are then 2 x likely methods to mitigate what occurred. The rider was riding HUA and staring straight ahead (difficult to judge, but likely) was not positioning to account for potential hazards at junctions and side roads, and not bothering to scan, and then cotinued to blindly hold station for a full 4 seconds in an ever decreasing gap instead of braking a touch and just letting the dilbert pass.

Don't get me wrong, driver is a total tool, completely to blame, and deserves a good pistol whipping, but its the riders own lack of skill/awareness/deliberate inransigence (delete as apporpriate, I have know what of knowing which) that made him to deliberately keep station when it was immediately apparent what was coming next.

Being "in the right" means jack sheet when you're dead.

'He' is a female, if not exactly feminine.

I'd like to think I would have avoided the aggro by letting the car past, even if it meant dabbing the brakes.

I've done that a few times on the basis I want idiot impatient driver in front of me where I can keep an eye on them.

Hes not one of their own. Once you're out the door they wouldn't waste a bucket of piss on you if you caught fire.

Totally the car drivers fault. Nevertheless, some piss poor roadcraft fro the rider. Watching it again, I could anticiptate what was going to happen a full 10 seconds before it did, and there are then 2 x likely methods to mitigate what occurred. The rider was riding HUA and staring straight ahead (difficult to judge, but likely) was not positioning to account for potential hazards at junctions and side roads, and not bothering to scan, and then cotinued to blindly hold station for a full 4 seconds in an ever decreasing gap instead of braking a touch and just letting the dilbert pass.

Don't get me wrong, driver is a total tool, completely to blame, and deserves a good pistol whipping, but its the riders own lack of skill/awareness/deliberate inransigence (delete as apporpriate, I have know what of knowing which) that made him to deliberately keep station when it was immediately apparent what was coming next.

Being "in the right" means jack sheet when you're dead.

I agree - I know it is 'victim blaming' but when you are in a vulnerable position the sensible thing to do is to back off from confrontation rather than carrying on and insisting on your rights
If you are a potential victim there is no need to go the whole hog and force a situation where you become a real one!
Same applies in life in general whether you are a cyclist on a road confronted by a big metal box taking you space or walking down an unlit city centre street at chucking out time
Of course - this is why people buy cameras to record theit ride - you can back off and still do something about the driver who is an idiot/has made a mistake

In other words - back off but try to do something to stop the problem happening next time - just off to look at the thread about that petition now!

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
Lots of things wrong here. First of all she is allegedly an ex police officer. Well so am I and it would hold no sway in an accident. Calling people names does not help the situation. The car drivers in the wrong. But Im surprised the cyclist is not dead or at least smacked by now, if that how he rides every day.
Bent copper. Are they all bent, or just the ones who get caught?
No they are not and you are either an idiot if you think so, or have a chip on your shoulder because you have been nicked in the past. For something you did not do. Obviously.

Top Bottom