Washing machines - not quite the end!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
I once repaired my w/machine when the main drum bearing broke. I had to dismantle stuff to remove the spider. A mate worked at, (now closed) British Timken. He took it into work and pressed in a new bearing that should have been a part for a railway train!
I reassembled the machine and it worked for years.. 👍

Currently, the dampers on my present machine are worn. I think I can get new ones at about a tenner each so might splash out £40 and tackle the job before the problem breaks other parts of it!

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
Well well well , our second Samsung appears to be dead. Did two washes yesterday, 2nd one we think has finished but the machine won’t power on . Plug fuse fine and power to the spur socket ! Oh well need to get on the phone this morning and book an engineer. Hoping this second machine has the 5yr warranty which it should . IMO with the Samsung brand they should stick to TVs and leave the appliances business !

Well , checked a bit more and it would appear the plug socket behind the machine is indeed dodgy ! Could hear crackling when I wiggled the power cable ! Quick run up to screwfix and fixed !!! Phew !

presta

Guru
plug socket

1678544274456.png

If the bit on the left is a plug socket, then the bit on the right must be a socket plug.
But if the bit on the right is a socket plug, that would make the bit on the left a socket plug socket.
And that would make the right a socket plug socket plug, and the left a socket plug socket plug socket.
Which would make the right a socket plug socket plug socket plug.......

Sex education classes could get complicated.

Top Bottom