Washing toe straps.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Moon bunny

Judging your grammar.
I snapped up a pair of Campagnolo aero pedals at the weekend, cheap, but no clips or straps. Got them home, cleaned and greased, needed clips and straps. Dragged an old set out of the hole where old bike bits rest eternally, clips are alright, straps are a bit manky, will it be a.right to hand wash them: cool, gentle soap?

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
Are they fabric (as opposed to leather)?
If so just put them through the machine on a 30. Place them in a zipped up pocket of something else like a fleece first, or if you don't have a garment with zipped pockets then put the straps into a long sock and then knot the open end. Stops them rattling around and potentially causing damage to the drum. You can handwash, but the machine will do a better job.

Ian H

Ancient randonneur
If they're leather, a squirt of WD40 and wipe, then, once they're dry, whatever shoe polish you have handy.

tyred

Legendary Member
Straps are consumables. I get through a pair every 10 years or so. You can still get new leather ones from Christophe
:ohmy:Think of the expense:ohmy:

presta

Guru
Straps are consumables. I get through a pair every 10 years or so. You can still get new leather ones from Christophe
I had a pair of nylon webbing straps that lasted donkeys years, perhaps 20-25, then when they wore out I replaced them with more the 'same', and they kept wearing out every few months. The leather ones I have now seem to have lasted better.

Once a Wheeler

…always a wheeler
In my experience, once you have used Alfredo Binda toe straps you will never use any others. However, as these now weigh in at over £50.00 a pair, if you can find them at all, it might be the moment to switch to integral cleats.

postman

Legendary Member
I snapped up a pair of Campagnolo aero pedals at the weekend, cheap, but no clips or straps. Got them home, cleaned and greased, needed clips and straps. Dragged an old set out of the hole where old bike bits rest eternally, clips are alright, straps are a bit manky, will it be a.right to hand wash them: cool, gentle soap?
I think the man to ask is drago,he has a similar task with his y fronts.cant remember if it's five years or ten years between each wash,he is worried about the colours fading.

Top Bottom