Wasps nest! To treat or leave that is the question.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Profpointy

Legendary Member
I once found a large wasps' nest in the attic. I told my ex Mrs about it and said I was off to B&Q for a can of that spray stuff to get rid of it. I was forbidden to do any such thing, and she said she'd get the council pest control
people involved. She duly phoned them up and the lady on the other end said "why don't you just get a can of that wasp killer stuff from B&Q". Psyched myself up to deal with it having seen and heard stories of angry wasps previously. Clear run in the loft to the ladder, all doors open including the back door to the garden. Right; get ready, close enough to get a hit with first spray, but far enough to get a head start. Sprayed the nest which instantly disintegrated, and ran like hell out of the house, heart beat at 200. Listened for a bit; no angry buzzing, pause, stuck my head in the door, again silence. Nervously went back in, even up the ladder to the loft; again silence. Turned out they'd all cleared off previously and the nest was abandoned, so all that adrenaline was unecessary. It seems wasps build a new nest and colony each summer, but over winter they all die off except the queens who make a fresh start the next year

november4

I've done the same can remedy at night, but wearing coverals, gloves etc ..... takes the jeopardy away...

We used to live in a place that had a lot more wasps and homes and shops would have a brown paper bag hanging in porch area, they think it's another colony and don't come in doors....balloon inside or go full blue Peter.. paper mache, fun project for kids

I once found a large wasps' nest in the attic. I told my ex Mrs about it and said I was off to B&Q for a can of that spray stuff to get rid of it. I was forbidden to do any such thing, and she said she'd get the council pest control
people involved. She duly phoned them up and the lady on the other end said "why don't you just get a can of that wasp killer stuff from B&Q". Psyched myself up to deal with it having seen and heard stories of angry wasps previously. Clear run in the loft to the ladder, all doors open including the back door to the garden. Right; get ready, close enough to get a hit with first spray, but far enough to get a head start. Sprayed the nest which instantly disintegrated, and ran like hell out of the house, heart beat at 200. Listened for a bit; no angry buzzing, pause, stuck my head in the door, again silence. Nervously went back in, even up the ladder to the loft; again silence. Turned out they'd all cleared off previously and the nest was abandoned, so all that adrenaline was unecessary. It seems wasps build a new nest and colony each summer, but over winter they all die off except the queens who make a fresh start the next year

at least you didn't trip & fall & break a leg, eh?

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
Wasps get pissed on fermenting fruit at this time of year. As a result, they are even nastier bastards than usual. Leave well alone until they get slightly less mean..........

........then strike!:evil:

Top Bottom