Watching the Tour Of Britain Stage 3

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

G3CWI

Veteran
I hadnt intended to go out but as I work in Macc, the weather is nice and part of the route is along my commute (how very dare they...) I will go after all. Dressed in full club regalia looking like an over-ripe tangerine. Just been out shopping and got lots of admiring glances walking through town.

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
Black Brompton, checked shirt, air of insouciance, pink carnation in my lapel.[1]

[1] One or more of these things may not be true.

G3CWI

Veteran
I will go after all.

And so I did. Saw it in two places. Better on telly really.

IMG_4805[1].JPG

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
Saw it at the Yodel Sprint in Sandbach great atmosphere, from the outriders high fiving the schoolkids who had come out to watch, to the crowd cheering and applauding every cyclist who crossed the line (before and after the race had gone through :smile: )

Had a half of Drummer Boy in the Beer Emporium afterwards, and heard a lot of talk about the race. As I was walking back through town, I overhead a snatch of conversation that was something like;
"...it was incredible! There were cars! There were cars with bikes on the roof! Incredible! ..."

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
Watched the climb up the Brickworks. Of course I could have got a better view watching the telly but that's not the point is it?

After that a fast run over to Tatton Park for the finish. In hindsight, it was a bit too fast, latching onto some quick groups and bowling along at 25mph. Couldn't see much of the finish, I ended up near the big screen about 50m after the finish line. Rode back to Glossop, got a bit carried away with some fast groups again. As a result I really struggled with the last 10 miles of what was a 60 mile loop. Nice day out though

OP
OP
K

KurtAlden

Regular
Well, what a nice day. Load of cyclists out, great atmosphere. My cunning(ish) plan almost worked out. I caught the first sprint at Alsager then the second one at Sandbach. Then it was *meant* to be a fast run up to Alderley Edge for the climb - I missed the pack by about a minute - gutted! I blame Google maps for routing me via a bloomin muddy bridleway around Brereton. I was tempted to follow them to Mac but decided to just head over to Tatton for the finish and that was brilliant, great atmosphere. Good day all round.

Top Bottom